Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Protect Your Corvette with Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:30 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Protect Your Corvette with Clear Bra

Protect Your Paint with XPEL ULTIMATE Clear Bra. XPEL is backed by a worldwide network of certified installers ready to protect your car today. Wether you're protecting your brand new Corvette, your family SUV, or truck, XPEL Paint Protection Film will shield your vehicles paint from: rocks, bug acids, gravel, bird droppings and more.

XPEL ULTIMATE is:

- Backed by a 10-Year Warranty. We have one of the best warranties in the business and we stand by it. Covered defects include: yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating.

- Self-Healing. The film is capable of healing fine scratches and swirl marks. These are caused by every day wear and tear, a bad microfiber, bad detail, or just someone or something brushing up against your vehicle.

-Stain Resistant. ULTIMATE is one of the only films on the market that is NON-YELLOWING.

- Easy To Maintain. We want you to treat the film like paint. Wash it, wax it, and just keep it clean. Yes, you can absolutely wax the film. Just make sure the wax that you use does NOT contain any petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosine.

We have patterns for the entire Stingray and will soon have complete patterns for the Z06 as well. Here is an installation video of an install on a 2014 white Stingray. We protected the entire front end, door cups, and rocker panels.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us here, PM us or call us directly at 210-678-3700.

Don't accept imitations. XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film is the industry's most durable film, providing the best stain resistance, clarity and self-healing. Ask for it by name today.

To locate a dealer nearest you visit our dealer locator at the link below.

XPEL Installer Locator

Old 04-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Jerry Chabino
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware Xpel and certified installers

Originally Posted by XPEL Technologies
Protect Your Paint with XPEL ULTIMATE Clear Bra. XPEL is backed by a worldwide network of certified installers ready to protect your car today. Wether you're protecting your brand new Corvette, your family SUV, or truck, XPEL Paint Protection Film will shield your vehicles paint from: rocks, bug acids, gravel, bird droppings and more.

XPEL ULTIMATE is:

- Backed by a 10-Year Warranty. We have one of the best warranties in the business and we stand by it. Covered defects include: yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating.

- Self-Healing. The film is capable of healing fine scratches and swirl marks. These are caused by every day wear and tear, a bad microfiber, bad detail, or just someone or something brushing up against your vehicle.
XPEL ULTIMATE Self-Healing Demonstration

-Stain Resistant. ULTIMATE is one of the only films on the market that is NON-YELLOWING.

- Easy To Maintain. We want you to treat the film like paint. Wash it, wax it, and just keep it clean. Yes, you can absolutely wax the film. Just make sure the wax that you use does NOT contain any petroleum distillates such as naphtha or kerosine.

We have patterns for the entire Stingray and will soon have complete patterns for the Z06 as well. Here is an installation video of an install on a 2014 white Stingray. We protected the entire front end, door cups, and rocker panels.

2014 Stingray XPEL Install

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us here, PM us or call us directly at 210-678-3700.

Don't accept imitations. XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film is the industry's most durable film, providing the best stain resistance, clarity and self-healing. Ask for it by name today.

To locate a dealer nearest you visit our dealer locator at the link below.

XPEL Installer Locator
What Xpel is not telling you is that they have certified installers who demand that a release of liability form be signed before they will remove the product. My certified teacher installer from Orlando demanded that I sign a release form before he will remove the film due to his poor install. Xpel has not helped to resolve this. Still pending. Beware.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:06 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

My installer went out of business, and I have problems with install and product.

Help please
Old 04-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Jerry Chabino
Racer

Default Who's product

Originally Posted by ronkh57
My installer went out of business, and I have problems with install and product.

Help please
Ronk,

What product is it ? Who is the mfg ? Who is the installer who hosed it up ?

Jerry
Old 04-26-2015, 03:03 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry Chabino
Ronk,

What product is it ? Who is the mfg ? Who is the installer who hosed it up ?

Jerry
xpel - ultimate

cool runnings was installer
Old 04-27-2015, 04:10 PM
clearbraj
Heel & Toe

What Xpel is not telling you is that they have certified installers who demand that a release of liability form be signed before they will remove the product. My certified teacher installer from Orlando demanded that I sign a release form before he will remove the film due to his poor install. Xpel has not helped to resolve this. Still pending. Beware.

XPEL nor 3M demand a release of liability - We are independent business and we always have our clients sign a release of liability prior to all installation/removals of paint protection films, vinyl paint and commercial wraps.

Last edited by clearbraj; 04-27-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:25 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Many independent install shops choose to have their customers sign a waiver regarding the paint, as the install shop has no way to know if proper prep work was done on any previous repaints. OEM paint jobs work great with paint protection films, but touch ups or ill-prepared body shop resprays can occasionally cause an issue.

If the film installer sees signs of a non-OEM paint job, they will typically ask you about it before the film is applied. Many ppf installers are familiar with the reputable body shops in town as well as the ones that may lead them to “proceed with caution.”

@Jerry, We have been in contact with your original installer and have our best path to having your installation issues fixed. Jeff Phillips from XPEL Corporate will be in contact tomorrow.

@Ronkh57, If you can PM us your e-mail address as well as a description(or pics) of your issue…we’d be happy to take a look at it! We have a network of installers that should be able to step in and resolve the issue since your original installer has changed industries

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out via PM or reply back on the post!

Regards,

Benjamin Kenney
Brand Ambassador
XPEL Technologies Corp.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Jerry Chabino
Racer

Default Clearbra proves my Point

Originally Posted by clearbraj
XPEL nor 3M demand a release of liability - We are independent business and we always have our clients sign a release of liability prior to all installation/removals of paint protection films, vinyl paint and commercial wraps.
Clearbra proves my point. If installers like Clearbra hose up your installation and the film must be removed, the installers want us to eat the damage to our car if the installer damages the car upon film removal. That is real nice. !! They hose up the install, they hose up the removal and we pay for it. BTW Clearbra is an installer who would not put his verbal quote for work in writing to me. Said it was company policy. Beware.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:31 AM
clearbraj
Heel & Toe

Clearbra proves my point. If installers like Clearbra hose up your installation and the film must be removed, the installers want us to eat the damage to our car if the installer damages the car upon film removal. That is real nice. !! They hose up the install, they hose up the removal and we pay for it. BTW Clearbra is an installer who would not put his verbal quote for work in writing to me. Said it was company policy. Beware.

Jerry: Lets make it clear...I did no work for you or any of your vehicles. We are located in Palm City, FL on the other side of the sandbar from you.

I was simply stating in my post above we have all our clients sign of waiver as a matter of business practice. As for you having a poor installation....that is regrettable...I personally would have not accepted the work at time of completion and paid the installer until you were satisfied. As I read above, XPEL will help your resolve your installation issue with your Orlando based Installer. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589503578

Our business practice is to insure all our clients have best service experience, we offer each client a completed manufacturer warranty PLUS a our “Peace of Mind” Limited "Installation Warranty". We have been in business since 2002 and NEVER had any issues with our clients and many are repeats.. All our work can be found on our facebook page...clearshieldprotectionservices or through our website.

Last edited by clearbraj; 04-28-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:20 AM
logansrun73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Can I apply rejex on my expel ultimate if not can you advise me what I can use I do not want to accidentally put the wrong stuff on it.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:07 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by logansrun73
Can I apply rejex on my expel ultimate if not can you advise me what I can use I do not want to accidentally put the wrong stuff on it.
@Logansrun73

As far as care goes for paint protection film you can wash, detail and wax/seal the film as long as the products do not have Petroleum Distillates in them. That being said, I looked up the MSDS for REJEX and unfortunately it lists, "Petroleum distillate: 20-30 %Wt." Petroleum distillates in this amount are not good for urethane film.

RejeX MSDS

The good news is we do carry a great sealant that is made to work very well with our film, or you can use a product that does not contain petroleum distillates.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out

Regards,

Benjamin Kenney
Brand Ambassador
XPEL Technologies Corp.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Jerry Chabino
Racer

Default Update on Xpel Problem

Originally Posted by XPEL Technologies
Many independent install shops choose to have their customers sign a waiver regarding the paint, as the install shop has no way to know if proper prep work was done on any previous repaints. OEM paint jobs work great with paint protection films, but touch ups or ill-prepared body shop resprays can occasionally cause an issue.

If the film installer sees signs of a non-OEM paint job, they will typically ask you about it before the film is applied. Many ppf installers are familiar with the reputable body shops in town as well as the ones that may lead them to “proceed with caution.”

@Jerry, We have been in contact with your original installer and have our best path to having your installation issues fixed. Jeff Phillips from XPEL Corporate will be in contact tomorrow.

@Ronkh57, If you can PM us your e-mail address as well as a description(or pics) of your issue…we’d be happy to take a look at it! We have a network of installers that should be able to step in and resolve the issue since your original installer has changed industries

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out via PM or reply back on the post!

Regards,

Benjamin Kenney
Brand Ambassador
XPEL Technologies Corp.
I ended up taking the Orlando installer to court. He decided not to go to court and we settled before the court date. He lost big time as my full claim was for refund, film removal, court costs and other expenses related to his install. Bottom line is be careful who your installer is. I recommend your installer has his own climate controller facility, clean and plenty of light. Xpel does not require this of their installers. Lots of fly by night Factory certified Xpel installers running around do work,in a poor environment. Watch out for the damage waiver trick too. I must say though that the Xpel rep Jeff Phillips was very helpful. I just believe Xpel needs to pose requirements on its installers.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:02 PM
D&A'sDad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default xpel removal ?

Mr. Kenney,

First I don't have any problems with your product.
Your xpel full kit was installed on my vette in 2008.
It still looks pretty doggone good for 7 years in Texas and Florida heat !!

My problem is two fold:
1. I went to remove theZO6 badges from car and was too far into the removal before I realized that I was alos pulling up and tearing the film from my front fenders. (Yep I had to do both )
2. My vette was recently hit and now the entire left rear fender and rocker (which were also wrapped) have to be replaced.

I want to go ahead and remove all the old kit and replace/wrap the front bumper cover and mirrors.

What is the recommended and easiest way to remove your product and the adhesive residue left behind??
Thank You,
Old 06-18-2015, 04:16 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by D&A'sDad
Mr. Kenney,

First I don't have any problems with your product.
Your xpel full kit was installed on my vette in 2008.
It still looks pretty doggone good for 7 years in Texas and Florida heat !!

My problem is two fold:
1. I went to remove theZO6 badges from car and was too far into the removal before I realized that I was alos pulling up and tearing the film from my front fenders. (Yep I had to do both )
2. My vette was recently hit and now the entire left rear fender and rocker (which were also wrapped) have to be replaced.

I want to go ahead and remove all the old kit and replace/wrap the front bumper cover and mirrors.

What is the recommended and easiest way to remove your product and the adhesive residue left behind??
Thank You,
Glad to hear you’re still loving the product! Are you currently in Texas, or Florida? I ask so that way I can recommend somewhere to take your vehicle (if you're not located in the original place where you had the film installed)

For removing the old film, I’d highly recommend professional removal. It is best removed with steam, heat and patience. If done correctly, you should have very minimal adhesive left behind.

If you do decide to remove it yourself, use heat and steam...Another tip to remove the film is to lift a corner and pull the film towards you, and NOT away from you. The adhesive lifts much easier in this direction. Im sorry to hear it was hit! Hopefully the replacement of the film is covered under your insurance for the places that were affected.

For a better representation please visit XPEL PPF CARE
Name:  PastedGraphic-1.png
Views: 1415
Size:  86.5 KB

If there is any adhesive left afterwards, you can use any detailing safe adhesive remover. When you have the bra re-installed they will have to make sure its all gone. (another reason we recommend having it removed professionally)
Old 06-19-2015, 07:39 AM
D&A'sDad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you very much !
Old 09-02-2015, 03:24 PM
yyzmsp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just want to let you know I just got my 2016 Z06 back from Auto Paint Guard in Tampa, Ryan, and it turned out absolutely Fabulous...I cant tell you how great a job they did... if they ever need a reference please have them get a hold of me. Rick Turnbull
Old 09-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Xpel just installed on wife's S2000 and my new F150, so far happy with it and the bugs come off easily with Xpel's sealant applied.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:41 PM
0Mr. Sparkle
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ronkh57
xpel - ultimate

cool runnings was installer
Just seeing this thread. Hopefully your issue was resolved. If not, feel free to contact me. You and I know each other through the detailing forums and I'd be happy to help out.

Get notified of new replies

To Protect Your Corvette with Clear Bra

Quick Reply: Protect Your Corvette with Clear Bra