Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Car Washing With Minimal Bending

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Car Washing With Minimal Bending

A few years ago I broke my back dirt bike riding. I have had to do a series of surgeries and now am uncomfortable bending low time after time as required to wash a car - especially our new low to the ground Vette.

Going to the local commercial car wash isn't attractive from a car care view plus, at the current $20 / pop, I can amortize the cost of even an expensive washing piece of hardware in a season.

I'd like a brush on a stick or another solution to this issue. I am looking at this device from autogeek:

http://www.autogeek.net/mytee-wash-gun-kit.html

I like it because I can also use it for patio cleaning. Has anybody tried this? I'd like to know its effectiveness and, of course, safety for my car / bike finishes (yeah, I still ride).

If not this, alternatives?
Old 01-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Drop Top
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks pretty good for a wash, provided the pressure isn't too much, but you will still have to wipe. I use a seat with wheels from Griot's. They have a couple. It is heavy plastic with a cushon and wheels. It has a shelf underneath to put brushes, rags, etc.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:35 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Yeah, I looked again after posting and noted that this demands a compressor sort of rig costing way over what it'd be worth it to me.

I'm going to investigate those mops or brooms on a stick where you attach your hose. I do have a shop roller stool like you describe but it rolls poorly on the coarse concrete where I wash my cars. Otherwise that'd be it.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Drop Top
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You might be able to use larger wheels. Anyway, your plan sounds like a good idea. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:34 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

If considering brushes, consider only boars hair and handle with care for long term success. They need to be dried completely and properly before storage for longest results.

If you are considering protecting your paint, which will help also in keep the car a bit cleaner and easier to cleanup. Try a spray on product called Permanon Platinum. Its seriously cool, easy to apply, and with normal upkeep will last months. No buffing or bending needed.

http://www.autogeek.net/permanon-platinum-coating1.html
Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
If considering brushes, consider only boars hair and handle with care for long term success. They need to be dried completely and properly before storage for longest results.

If you are considering protecting your paint, which will help also in keep the car a bit cleaner and easier to cleanup. Try a spray on product called Permanon Platinum. Its seriously cool, easy to apply, and with normal upkeep will last months. No buffing or bending needed.

http://www.autogeek.net/permanon-platinum-coating1.html
Thanks for the pointers. I was concerned about nylon or similar bristles, over time, dulling the finish. I'll wander back to your site to check on that product and to see if you guys have the brushes.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:33 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
Thanks for the pointers. I was concerned about nylon or similar bristles, over time, dulling the finish. I'll wander back to your site to check on that product and to see if you guys have the brushes.
http://www.autogeek.net/boar-s-hair.html
Old 01-25-2015, 10:51 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Have you checked putting larger casters on your stool......bigger the wheel the better it rolls. I have a bad back and sit on one of two types I have to scrub the wheels and lower panels first before the full car. I then roll around the car to wipe the wheels off and apply a tire shine.
It's saved me!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:25 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

I don't see how I can easily identify and install larger casters but I will look at that due to the need to wax / seal / clay as well as wash.

I ordered an extension boar's hair brush so the wash side should be addressed. Thanks to all.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:07 PM
leebay
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 384 Posts

Check out Griot's Garage they have a couple of options that may interest you, one is a brush that water flows through as you wash its a extended version and then they have a telescopic pole that you can attach a wash brush either of the two are $89

Hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:14 PM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by leebay
Check out Griot's Garage they have a couple of options that may interest you, one is a brush that water flows through as you wash its a extended version and then they have a telescopic pole that you can attach a wash brush either of the two are $89

Hope this helps.
Will do. Thx.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:07 AM
kabluie
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

For the brush go to an RV supply store. Camping World, comes to mind.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:21 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Not sure if camping world brush safe for pampered finishes. Anyway, a boar's head brush on order.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:42 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

A few years ago I broke my back dirt bike riding. I have had to do a series of surgeries and now am uncomfortable bending low time after time as required to wash a car - especially our new low to the ground Vette.

Going to the local commercial car wash isn't attractive from a car care view plus, at the current $20 / pop, I can amortize the cost of even an expensive washing piece of hardware in a season.

I'd like a brush on a stick or another solution to this issue. I am looking at this device from autogeek:

http://www.autogeek.net/mytee-wash-gun-kit.html

I like it because I can also use it for patio cleaning. Has anybody tried this? I'd like to know its effectiveness and, of course, safety for my car / bike finishes (yeah, I still ride).

If not this, alternatives?
If you lived nearby I'd wash your Vette for you. You supply the beer.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:08 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NDMIKE88
If you lived nearby I'd wash your Vette for you. You supply the beer.
Hmm, a reason to move to TN.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Hmm, a reason to move to TN.
But we are thinking about moving to Florida.

Get notified of new replies

To Car Washing With Minimal Bending

Quick Reply: Car Washing With Minimal Bending