Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

New owner, overwhelmed with choices!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:50 AM
FixItFlyIt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner, overwhelmed with choices!

Hi all, I just brought home my very first Corvette yesterday, a victory red 2007 coupe! I have owned Jeep Wranglers up until now and lets just say I was never worried about the paint as it was usually destroyed in short order off-road. I want to take good care of my new car, but feel a bit overwhelmed by washing/waxing/etc.

I noticed my car has a "clear bra" installed on the front (very subtle, I almost didn't notice it!). Are there any special considerations for these?

Any noob advice is greatly appreciated! I can't believe I own this car... already planning on some new wheels and exhaust.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:17 AM
rprice
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FixItFlyIt
Hi all, I just brought home my very first Corvette yesterday, a victory red 2007 coupe! I have owned Jeep Wranglers up until now and lets just say I was never worried about the paint as it was usually destroyed in short order off-road. I want to take good care of my new car, but feel a bit overwhelmed by washing/waxing/etc.

I noticed my car has a "clear bra" installed on the front (very subtle, I almost didn't notice it!). Are there any special considerations for these?

Any noob advice is greatly appreciated! I can't believe I own this car... already planning on some new wheels and exhaust.
I have the clear bra also. Mine also has the the same clear 3M material that the bra is made of behind the front fendors and in front of the back fendors. Look closely at yours and I bet you have the clear film there as well.

I only use foam glass cleaner on the clear film protected areas.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:07 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

Autogeek, Griot's Garage and other supporting vendors here have a wealth of information and videos that are helpful. Do searches on the forum for questions you have. This forum is almost like a database of information. If your question is not answered after a search, post it. This car care discussion section gets specific questions but is not nearly widely read as some sections such as the general discussion areas for C5, C6, or C7, so sometimes it is better to post questions there. There are many many sections on the forum and you should peruse through the various sections at some time to see how all of the topics are categorized.

Lastly, welcome and enjoy. Remember to save the wave.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:10 PM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of good info here:http://www.autogeekonline.net/

Congrats on the 1st Vette!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:32 PM
VetteGirlMA
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FixItFlyIt

Some of us still own vettes and jeeps!! I have a 2014 grand cherokee overland diesel and a 4 door 2014 wrangler dragon edition. Plus a couple of vettes for good measure

Now you get to do the vette wave and you will forget the jeep wave :-p
Old 03-04-2015, 05:49 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Let us know when and if you need help ...proper drying and washing techniques are the most valuable in keeping up a good finish and not needing constant attention and polishing.

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html
Old 03-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Jud Chapin
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 417 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Congrats and best of luck with the new ride.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:06 PM
coverme
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start from the basic washing, drying, polishing, protecting and maintaining. From there know what brand would suite best for your car. Congrats by the way!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:06 AM
KBsToy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Let us know when and if you need help ...proper drying and washing techniques are the most valuable in keeping up a good finish and not needing constant attention and polishing.

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Get notified of new replies

To New owner, overwhelmed with choices!

Quick Reply: New owner, overwhelmed with choices!