Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Meguiars Ultimate line??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 06:59 PM
austin06c6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiars Ultimate line??

Anybody a fan of Maguiars Ultimate? Whats the best process from wash to wax with their products
Old 03-08-2015, 11:35 PM
coverme
Intermediate

I like the Ultimate spray wax. It really adds that deep shine, but still protection is poor.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:29 PM
retaf87
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been using the Ultimate line for years and totally satisfied with results. I use the liquid wax about twice a year and seems to hold up well.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:58 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by austin06c6
Anybody a fan of Maguiars Ultimate? Whats the best process from wash to wax with their products
I would suggest learning the proper techniques to each step in car care first. You then will simply add the product of your choice in as technique should be valid no matter the line. I am often asked what steps are "best" to keep cars looking new.

1. Washing
2. Drying

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

And remember the small but significant items like tires, wheel barrels, and wheel wells.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:04 PM
coverme
Intermediate

Oh by the way I love the Ultimate wash and wax. I would say its the only car shampoo that I have used that leaves a coat of wax after the wash.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:35 AM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Once i found that you can purchase megualrs professional detailing products by the gallon online, I have not bought anything at the local store.

There is a water based product called hyper dressing that you can choose the dilution rate to pick the shine you want for the interior.

Then there is all season dressing for the tires and exterior items.

There is a last touch detailing spray you can buy by the gallon and again you can choose the dilution rate to make up to 10 gallons. Less diluted = more expensive products at the store. 10:1 dilution = quick detail spray.

There is Meguiar's D10101 All Purpose Cleaner - 1 Gallon for interior and and wheels and Meguiar's D10801 Super Degreaser - 1 Gallon for harsher jobs

There are others but what I like for the most part all of these can be diluted with water to make the strength/quality you want and you aren't running to the store. Coupled with some good spray bottles you can cut down on the number of products on your shelf.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 879 Likes on 464 Posts

I live at 7,000 feet and my Tundra stays outside and I have yet to find any wax that lasts over three months, and that includes trying Collinite and Rejex. Most likely do to the intense UV rays.
Just two weeks ago I bought some Mequiars Ultimate liquid wax and waxed one side of the hood with it and the other half with Mothers Syn wax. I'll report back (if I remember!) as to what lasts the longest.

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 03-26-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Meguiars Ultimate line??

Quick Reply: Meguiars Ultimate line??