Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Under Carrage Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Under Carrage Cleaning

Looking to get some of the greese and grime from the rear under carrage of my 04 Z06. Any recomendations? Don't want to use anything to toxic.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:23 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Use some All Purpose Cleaner, I prefer Adam's but that and a brush will clean it up well.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:54 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Similar thread last week by me. In the end I used a 2:1 mix of Simple Green and water. A couple of different size brushes and a wool wash mitt and everything worked out well. Now this is a dirty and nasty job, wear gloves to keep your hands from being cut and scratched by the numerous sharp things under the car. Just jack it up and take the wheels off, clean, clean and more clean. Rinse with clean water and you are ready for the summer. If you really want to get serious go to a car wash, remove the wheels and spray away.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:55 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/dp-apc-plus.html

Use of an effective product that is low suds and doesn't leave a sticky residue is most important. We just released this for our clients and is just the ticket for undercarriage cleaning now, and other items that come up later too.

Get notified of new replies

To Under Carrage Cleaning

Quick Reply: Under Carrage Cleaning