Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Turbo Car Dryer --- by DP

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
I bought the Master Blaster a few months back and really like its power. The only flaw for me with the MB is its portability. Carrying it around sucks, and it does not follow very well due to locked wheel design.

I also had to purcahse a separate power cord to get any use out of it. Really, the standard power cord is not long enough.

If this were availabe at that time, I think I would have sprung for this product.

++ on the recommendation for a shoulder strap!! Or, outfit it to wear as a back pack and keep it from flopping around on your side.
The Master Blaster was recently upgraded with two swivel wheels in front which helps its movement. It still is a bear to lift and carry especially with the forced air working thru the tubing/wand. It still probably has the most blowing power of any product to date.

Our DP Turbo Vac certainly fills the void between leaf blower and Masterblaster.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Finally had the chance to use it on my car. Used it on my deck and it worked great.

On the car it took less time to dry the car and the dripping you get from the mirrors and tail lights after a "normal" wipe down of a car are gone. This unit is very easy to handle and has exceeded my expections. Was even able to do the door jambs and all places under the hood and trunk. Overall impresion is very good unit. Well worth the price and makes quick work of drying the car. Two thumbs up.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I pulled the trigger and bought one. Unit works as advertised, as do all Autogeek products!, but overall I think I was ok prior and should have kept my money and just kept using the leaf blower.

My main beef with the unit is it is awkward to use or maybe I just haven't figured out a good technique yet. I don't like that hose draping down in front of me between the car and me and my height and orangutan arms prevent me from putting the hose over my shoulder from back to front because then I don't have enough slack to get the nozzle to the car. Second part is how to store this thing in my garage. Doesn't fit on a shelf; I was maybe thinking a hook on the wall like what would be used for to hang a bike. How are you guys storing it when not in use? Open to ideas.

Not bashing the product, don't misunderstand, just not working well with me yet. Hopefully I can get into a better technique and get more efficient with it.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:46 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Red89gt
I pulled the trigger and bought one. Unit works as advertised, as do all Autogeek products!, but overall I think I was ok prior and should have kept my money and just kept using the leaf blower.

My main beef with the unit is it is awkward to use or maybe I just haven't figured out a good technique yet. I don't like that hose draping down in front of me between the car and me and my height and orangutan arms prevent me from putting the hose over my shoulder from back to front because then I don't have enough slack to get the nozzle to the car. Second part is how to store this thing in my garage. Doesn't fit on a shelf; I was maybe thinking a hook on the wall like what would be used for to hang a bike. How are you guys storing it when not in use? Open to ideas.

Not bashing the product, don't misunderstand, just not working well with me yet. Hopefully I can get into a better technique and get more efficient with it.
Sounds like a fair assessment to me ... the machine is clearly a choice for those that find a leaf blower too bulky or perhaps doesn't even have any tool for drying to date. What is clear, your finish will thank you for using a drying tool versus rubbing towels back and forth on finish long term.

As for storage, I too find these items to large for most standard shelves. I have found several racks, and hooks locally at a store called The Container Store. Lowes also has some that would work. The hardest part was putting a couple anchors into concrete.

Let us know what you think after a couple uses, and let us know if you find some hints on its use. Perhaps of team of designers can design a harness to help carry unit also.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:06 PM
cegusa
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old habits are hard to break but when you move on to blowing off the water, especially if you use the two bucket wash method you will substantially reduce marks on the finish.

Last edited by cegusa; 07-30-2015 at 10:07 PM. Reason: I can't spell. Grrrr
Old 11-23-2015, 12:22 PM
CLLOFF
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

If your spouse is looking for something for you for Christmas, this is a great idea if you are into detailing your car at a reasonable price.

Got mine early summer for my new C7 (birthday present form my wife). I use it weekly.

After washing I use a Griotts water blade and waffle drying towel and then the DP blower and one last light toweling.
Its amazing how much water is in the nooks and crannies of a corvette.
Great on the wheel and tires too. Gets the tires dry to be able to apply dressing quickly.

It has a long electric cord and a long hose. Relatively easy to use. Easier IMO than a leaf blower not too bad to carry. I like that as I can get around the car quickly. Nothing to drag around. Hangs on hooks in the garage.

Only minor issue is that the hose pops out of the motor unit from time to time. I will have to add a screw or two to keep it in. Unless the autogeek team has a better suggestion.

Happy holidays!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:27 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CLLOFF
Only minor issue is that the hose pops out of the motor unit from time to time. I will have to add a screw or two to keep it in. Unless the autogeek team has a better suggestion.

Happy holidays!
Thanks for the review .... I will share your thoughts with our support team for advice or perhaps an update to the units.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:26 AM
KBsToy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My sidekick does same thing 2 small screw and no popping off
Old 11-24-2015, 10:57 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Hang it on the wall, buy more hose!

I recently hung a vac over the top of it with lots of hose.

Last edited by John Ulrich; 11-24-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:39 PM
IndyPilot
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Two questions that may be unanswerable, but, I thought I'd shoot them out anyway:

1. Any possibility something like this would be battery powered in the future or does it require too much juice to make it feasible? Although my battery powered leaf blower isn't as powerful as something like this, it is quite convenient and I don't have extension cords dragging on the wet ground I just washed the car on.

2. Is there anything out there as powerful as this that both vacuums and blows? I would think it wouldn't be an issue of simply reversing the motor and blocking the canister so the dirt doesn't blow back out, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

Last edited by IndyPilot; 11-24-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:43 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IndyPilot
Two questions that may be unanswerable, but, I thought I'd shoot them out anyway:

1. Any possibility something like this would be battery powered in the future or does it require too much juice to make it feasible? Although my battery powered leaf blower isn't as powerful as something like this, it is quite convenient and I don't have extension cords dragging on the wet ground I just washed the car on.

2. Is there anything out there as powerful as this that both vacuums and blows? I would think it wouldn't be an issue of simply reversing the motor and blocking the canister so the dirt doesn't blow back out, but I'm sure I'm missing something.
Here's my personal thoughts ...

1. I have not seen a battery operated vacuum or blower to date that could match tools like our DP Turbo and/or Metro's MasterBlaster. I would think the battery would have to be pretty special and expensive currently to meet the needs.

2. I remember overhearing this questions with Metro Vac's at one of our Detailfest. The challenge is not only having a reversing motor. But also has to do with the filtering ability and the dirt that gets sucked into a vacuum.

Sorry they are not perfect answers, and I am no scientist by trade.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 PM
dprestidge
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Red89gt

YES TO ALL THE ABOVE!!! Have only used mine a couple of times. Works well but I have trouble keeping the hose off of the car, don't want to scratch the car. Maybe a strap so I can use one hand to control hose and the other to point nozzle. Still working on my technique. Love AUTOGEEK, just bought my son and I a DA buffer kit for Christmas, Cyber Monday sales were good. I do wish autogeek would do a video showing best way to use.

I used to bike hooks to hang mine on the wall. Screwed the first one in high on wall 6" from ceiling. Then hung the motor from the handle, left the hose connected to loop back up to the second hook. Works well and is out of way.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:19 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dprestidge
I do wish autogeek would do a video showing best way to use.
Please give me a little more to provide to home office ... you would like a video on best uses from the DP Dryer ??? Let me know what you'd like to see, and I'll submit the request.

thanks for the kind words also
Old 12-01-2015, 07:38 PM
dprestidge
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Please give me a little more to provide to home office ... you would like a video on best uses from the DP Dryer ??? Let me know what you'd like to see, and I'll submit the request.

thanks for the kind words also
Would like a vid showing best technique to blow dry our vettes.

By the way, my son I sent the new Porter Cable 7424XP kit to, is an Air Force pilot in California. I was going buy me one and with cyber Monday, I decided to him one also. He has a Ford Rapter that is real nice. I hope he will like the kit. He is my HERO and I wanted to get him something nice.

The people at Autogeek are great and knowledgable and very helpful.

Thanks
Dillard
Old 12-02-2015, 07:16 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dprestidge
Would like a vid showing best technique to blow dry our vettes.

By the way, my son I sent the new Porter Cable 7424XP kit to, is an Air Force pilot in California. I was going buy me one and with cyber Monday, I decided to him one also. He has a Ford Rapter that is real nice. I hope he will like the kit. He is my HERO and I wanted to get him something nice.

The people at Autogeek are great and knowledgable and very helpful.

Thanks
Dillard
You son is to be thanked for his service to us and all our country. I stand in awe of his commitment. Please send him Autogeek's highest regards. May he be safe, fly high, and be blessed.

Quick Reply: Turbo Car Dryer --- by DP