Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Need Advice/Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Northshore3lt
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need Advice/Help

Good morning everyone,been dealing with a paint issue since I bought my 2007 3LT Vert
Looks like previous owner probably took through a car wash at least once a week for the five years he owned the car
Car had really bad swirl marks and scratching,which I mostly corrected with orbital buffer using Griots 3 then 2 then #1polish,followed by Best in Show wax.
Now have left " micro scratches" which I can't get out,car looks fabulous outside,but scratches are very noticeable in garage,which is driving me crazy
Any recommendations ? I'm thinking maybe couple coats of a Glaze? followed by Sealent?
Looking for suggestions,Thanks!
Old 04-17-2015, 09:03 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

I suggest that you get "PC (Paint Correcting) Fusion" from Zaino. Apply by hand with a terry/foam pad. This is the best product for very fine paint imperfections I have found. I won't get into the flame wars over the merits of Zaino products but to say I was a long time fan of Griot's until I switched to Zaino.

BIGMAC
Old 04-17-2015, 08:57 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Northshore3lt
Good morning everyone,been dealing with a paint issue since I bought my 2007 3LT Vert
Looks like previous owner probably took through a car wash at least once a week for the five years he owned the car
Car had really bad swirl marks and scratching,which I mostly corrected with orbital buffer using Griots 3 then 2 then #1polish,followed by Best in Show wax.
Now have left " micro scratches" which I can't get out,car looks fabulous outside,but scratches are very noticeable in garage,which is driving me crazy
Any recommendations ? I'm thinking maybe couple coats of a Glaze? followed by Sealent?
Looking for suggestions,Thanks!

polishing the first time on neglected and hammered paint is indeed done in multiple steps. You use the least aggressive pad and polish and move more abrasive till you start breaking down the swirls. You then have marring that still needs to be finished off. Moving back to a lighter polish and pad should help. You can continue using the products you have or move to a polish like Menzerna that should make it a bit easier.

Glazes and waxes with fillers are simply short term answers. Once you leave them out in the environment or wash it removes the fillers. So use the wax or sealant (synthetic wax) of your choice only after you've polished correctly and brought finish to the area where you want to protect all the hard work.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Advice/Help

Quick Reply: Need Advice/Help