Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

zaino GASP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:14 AM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

Default zaino GASP!!!

i wanted some more zaino products but after looking at prices i just couldn't do it . using them doesn't take much product and they last a reasonable amount of time when applied but $20 for a bottle of z8 , wow .my wife says since i like them i should buy them but i'm an OLD man [remember when a loaf of bread was 17 cents ] and can't get a handle on todays prices . i've done a search in the past looking at other products and keep finding that every one likes something different and don't recall any reference to cost in those posts . interested in thoughts on good products at fair price or comments on zaino as maybe wife is right . NO REJEX comments are necessary as i tried it and gave it away , it is permanently REJECTED here . i appreciate your time , thank you . . . peace
Old 04-30-2015, 12:57 PM
OldCorvetteFan
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't use Zaino, so I don't have a dog in that fight.

But you can't just look at the initial price of the product. If that $20 bottle will last you through 10 sessions, then you're paying $2/session.

On the other hand, if you pay $15 for some other product, and you're done with it in five sessions, then you're paying $3/session.

I just buy what I want - and you've already laid out how many THOUSANDS of dollars for a Corvette? And you're hesitating about $20 for something to use on your Corvette?

I remember when gas was under a dollar a gallon, but current prices (or even prices from a few years ago, when it was >$4/gallon here) never stopped me from gassing up the Vette and going somewhere.

Listen to your wife - at least she isn't nagging you about how much you're spending on that car! Fortunately, my wife doesn't, either!

Steven
Old 04-30-2015, 07:07 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

UUHHHH, it's her corvette , i don't own a car and usually drive sons 97 honda vcr station wagon like thingy . . . peace
Old 04-30-2015, 09:27 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

There are several options for you.

1. Don't buy it and get something you feel is more reasonable (Megs or Mothers?)
2. Buy Z8 and cut it in half with distilled water to double your order
3. Order Z6 instead
4. Order Z6 and cut that with distilled water

Lots of options to keep the cost down. I bought Z8 a couple years ago. I wasn't so impressed with it that I'd buy it again over Z6.

I usually have one bottle of Z6 cut 50/50 with distilled water. It still seems to do the trick for me. Once in a while I will use the 100% Z6 and it's hard to tell the difference to me.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcypress
i wanted some more zaino products but after looking at prices i just couldn't do it . using them doesn't take much product and they last a reasonable amount of time when applied but $20 for a bottle of z8 , wow .my wife says since i like them i should buy them but i'm an OLD man [remember when a loaf of bread was 17 cents ] and can't get a handle on todays prices . i've done a search in the past looking at other products and keep finding that every one likes something different and don't recall any reference to cost in those posts . interested in thoughts on good products at fair price or comments on zaino as maybe wife is right . NO REJEX comments are necessary as i tried it and gave it away , it is permanently REJECTED here . i appreciate your time , thank you . . . peace
I have tried 4 times to answer this and every time simply comes out negative. I have built a very, very successful detailing business in Silicon Valley using Zaino. By far it is the least expensive product I have used when you add in shine and DURABILITY. Clear Seal, a great example, an 8 oz bottle costs $30, but we get 40+ coats out of it, and get spectacular results. So for $.75 a coat we end up with award winning finishes and customers, under ideal conditions, don't need to come back for a year. Not sure where you will find a product that can beat that. I won't go into the fact that due to our reputation we get a ton of products for free and they simply don't match what we get from Zaino.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:37 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

A bottle of AOI lasts me two years. I'm still on the first bottle of Clear Seal I purchased when the product was first released. 1/4 bottle left.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:03 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As per the above posts I love Zaino and with the amount you use and the durability Nothing compares IMO. Ease of removal is another positive factor for me with no white residue.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:49 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

As others have said, Zaino's prices aren't bad when you consider how little you use and how infrequently you need to use it. The results are great and it's very easy to use IMO. $20 is a little steep for Z8 but most of the "high end" spray detailers are expensive. Z6 is cheaper and provides similar results.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:17 AM
OldCorvetteFan
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcypress
UUHHHH, it's her corvette , i don't own a car and usually drive sons 97 honda vcr station wagon like thingy . . . peace
Well, if it's not your car, then make your wife buy the Zaino. In a prior post (last year) you claimed to like Z8. If you really like it, then let her keep buying it.

Or go to Wal Mart and buy the cheapest stuff you can find and see if that makes her happy with the results. That's really all that matters, isn't it? If your wife is happy with HER Corvette, then I would assume that you're also happy. If she doesn't like the look of the cheap stuff, then you know you need the Zaino.

Steven
Old 05-01-2015, 12:52 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

'' Ease of removal is another positive factor for me with no white residue.'' that is what i've been overlooking , thank you . if i were to try something else i could be displeased with it and have nothing for my money as i did with '' rejects '' , i mean ''rejex'' . i get enough uses with zaino i should be worried about the shelf life and not the cost . did the semi-annual ''waxing'' on her daily driver yesterday and it looks really nice . do both her vettes once in the fall . i'll have her buy what i need when she comes home in two weeks , she is on vacation . i'm taking care of her house and yard and hate to travel so that works well . a sincere thanks to all for your comments . . . peace
Old 05-01-2015, 04:14 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Maybe one day I'll try the Zaino all-in-one, but the system of multiple processes, products, and reapplications seems geared to marketing and consumption of as much of their products as possible.
I like Rejex on lighter colors- it is a little harder to wipe off if you over apply it, but I have found it to be more durable on my cars.

If you want to use very easy to wipe off products for free, attend organized car show and dealer open houses where name brand wax companies are giving away free samples- I can usually pick up a couple of those mini bottles of Mother's which are enough to do a few cars. There is some difference in product- some are cleaner waxes with some degree of polishing action, but if you know this then it is really about technique and preparation- you can make a car look great with 20 year old turtle wax if you have to.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:24 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mike100
Maybe one day I'll try the Zaino all-in-one, but the system of multiple processes, products, and reapplications seems geared to marketing and consumption of as much of their products as possible.
Not true at all, it is not all that complicated, in fact it seems very simple to me. You use so little product, that even applying 3 coats, you still use less than other of the other products we have tried. You can do one coat of Clear Seal and you are done, but better results come from more than one coat that simply out do anything we have used.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Bill97Z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
A bottle of AOI lasts me two years. I'm still on the first bottle of Clear Seal I purchased when the product was first released. 1/4 bottle left.
I agree, I have some zaino products that are 4 yrs old. A little goes a long way.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:15 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
Not true at all, it is not all that complicated, in fact it seems very simple to me. You use so little product, that even applying 3 coats, you still use less than other of the other products we have tried. You can do one coat of Clear Seal and you are done, but better results come from more than one coat that simply out do anything we have used.
Ok, maybe i was wrong that Zaino is expensive if the best results come from using very little, but still, if you value your time...I don't have the time to lay down 3 or 4 coats when another lsp can be done once. if one is already looking at clay/compound/polish (or even just polish maintenance)- then 3 more steps... I have too many cars for that!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mike100
Ok, maybe i was wrong that Zaino is expensive if the best results come from using very little, but still, if you value your time...I don't have the time to lay down 3 or 4 coats when another lsp can be done once. if one is already looking at clay/compound/polish (or even just polish maintenance)- then 3 more steps... I have too many cars for that!
Well not to belabor the point, but I am Maybe an extra hour for superior results. As I have stated before I have built a pretty successful detailing business in Silicon Valley with 70 5 star Yelp reviews, using Zaino and deliver cars in the same time as my competitors using a single coat product
Just want to make sure the rumors of complexity and time consuming are not really true, based on my making a living at it. Your travels may vary
Old 05-08-2015, 07:34 AM
timvan
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That stuffs affordable if you compare it to pinnacle black label synergy 5oz is $195.00

Last edited by timvan; 05-08-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:07 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

IM not using Zaino now but have in the past and a little bit goes a long long way. If they say 1 ounce can do a Vette then your using way to much. I mixed a 1/2 ounce at a time and got 3-4 applications from it. With Zaino the less you use the better it is. So what IM trying to say you get a lot for your money.

Clif

Get notified of new replies

To zaino GASP!!!

Old 05-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Fast Cop
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Zaino is all I use. Been using it for about 9 years now and nothing but great results. At the beginning of this year I did a complete restocking of zaino. Cost me about $125.00 but based on 9 years of use this order should last me about 2 years. Keep in mind I use it on my garage kept Z06 and both my crew cab silverado and wife's jeep GC.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:35 AM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm with the Zaino crowd. I just think it's the best. And it is the only company I've ever tried to re-order from that told me I was using too much of their product and should use less. That amazed me.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:14 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Old thread, I know, but I was just shopping for Zaino Z10, and wonder if there's any place to buy it other than direct from Zaino?

I'm not bothered at paying $11 for the product. But to then have to pay another $12 to ship one small bottle of product is outrageous. I could put that in a box and ship it USPS priority mail for half that.

Quick Reply: zaino GASP!!!