Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Question-Removing BF Paint Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 12:19 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

Default Question-Removing BF Paint Sealant

My Torch Red C7 has 2 coats of Blackfire Paint Sealant on it.....I want to remove the BF Sealant and switch over to Pinnacle Black Label Coating....will using the Pinnacle Black Label Cleansing Polish be enough to remove the Sealant in order to get a good surface and bond for the Black Label Coating? Any input appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-21-2015, 06:02 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by tractman
My Torch Red C7 has 2 coats of Blackfire Paint Sealant on it.....I want to remove the BF Sealant and switch over to Pinnacle Black Label Coating....will using the Pinnacle Black Label Cleansing Polish be enough to remove the Sealant in order to get a good surface and bond for the Black Label Coating? Any input appreciated. Thanks
yes ....sealants and traditional waxes can be removed in several ways which include polishing, chemical paint cleaners, and commercial strippers.

Now removal of coatings is a little different, they need to have an abrasive polish to remove them.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:43 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,246 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
yes ....sealants and traditional waxes can be removed in several ways which include polishing, chemical paint cleaners, and commercial strippers.

Now removal of coatings is a little different, they need to have an abrasive polish to remove them.
Where would Wolfgang 3.0 fall in this? Sealant or coating?
Old 05-21-2015, 09:03 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek

Thanks Killrwheels.....I appreciate your response.......and the great products and service from AutoGeek!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:52 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Where would Wolfgang 3.0 fall in this? Sealant or coating?
Wolfgang is a paint sealant ...

Originally Posted by tractman
Thanks Killrwheels.....I appreciate your response.......and the great products and service from AutoGeek!
Thank you for using the 'Geek. Without great clients and those entrusting us, we couldn't sponsor this forum and bring to market waxes. sealants, coatings and more .....

Get notified of new replies

To Question-Removing BF Paint Sealant

Quick Reply: Question-Removing BF Paint Sealant