Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Pressure washer w/ soap

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 10:54 PM
nathaliev
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pressure washer w/ soap

I'm looking for something I can use in between real washes, to just quickly wash the car to get the daily dirt out, or like after it rains.

I don't know if I want a "pressure washer" or one of those things with a soap container that just attaches to the water hose.

Any recommendations for something quick and easy to use (but effective)

Thanks
Nathalie
Old 06-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Vito56
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nathaliev
I'm looking for something I can use in between real washes, to just quickly wash the car to get the daily dirt out, or like after it rains.

I don't know if I want a "pressure washer" or one of those things with a soap container that just attaches to the water hose.

Any recommendations for something quick and easy to use (but effective)

Thanks
Nathalie

For me, I use a "rinse less wash' method for the times I do not drag out the hose(especially now during California's drought). Perfect for me after taking the car out and getting dust and bugs on it. I get my supply from Adams. No need for a pressure washer or a soap dispenser. They have a video that explains how to do it too. I use this method on my other cars too.

Good luck.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:47 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-ca...-products.html

A rinseless or waterless wash is best for quick wash and in-between cleanups indeed. A foam gun and Tornado attachment for a pressure cleaner will take more time and most effective for heavy cleaning and weekly needs.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:16 PM
nathaliev
Advanced

Thing is I'm going to be using Zaino on my car, and not sure how the waterless wash will interact with it.

The waterless wash reminds me of one of the Zaino detailing sprays, which I may just use after dusting the car with a California duster...
Old 06-20-2015, 09:53 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Thing is I'm going to be using Zaino on my car, and not sure how the waterless wash will interact with it.

The waterless wash reminds me of one of the Zaino detailing sprays, which I may just use after dusting the car with a California duster...
Zaino is a paint sealant (aka synthetic wax), just like Wolfgang, Blackfire, Duragloss and many others. Most products are compatible. Generally a rinseless or waterless wash has more lubrication and other cleaning ingredients to loosen and remove dirt. I would suggest something like Optimum No Rinse or Ultima Rinseless Wash (my fav). You can still use Zaino for detailing, protecting and more.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:00 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Zaino reacts just fine with Optimum No Rinse.

My typical routine is to use the California duster if the car is just lightly dusty and then use Z6. I usually do a full wash a few times per year because I don't daily drive my Vette or drive in rain etc.

I picked up ONR last year to wash before putting the Vette away for the winter. I got tired of washing my car and freezing my hands in 40* weather. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. It's something you can use when your car isn't dirty enough for a full wash but too dirty for just a detail spray clean up.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:27 PM
nathaliev
Advanced

When using the rinse-less wash... do you use the California duster before the rinse-less wash or not at all?

(this is assuming that car is dirtier than just dusty, otherwise I would too just use the duster and then Z-6)

Thanks
Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

When using the rinse-less wash... do you use the California duster before the rinse-less wash or not at all?

(this is assuming that car is dirtier than just dusty, otherwise I would too just use the duster and then Z-6)

Thanks
If it's really dirty I wouldn't use the California before. I actually use a spray bottle with some ONR mixed in it and to a presoak before the wipe down.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:14 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SmokinZ51
If it's really dirty I wouldn't use the California before. I actually use a spray bottle with some ONR mixed in it and to a presoak before the wipe down.

The benefit of rinseless products are their many uses. Often more than simply adding to a bucket of water, they can be premixed into a spray bottle to help loosen dirt before washing, and they can even be used as quick detailers and detail sprays.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:08 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,233 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Jim, you might have replied to the wrong thread. This one is 4 years old, and the discussion is about cleaning a car between regular washes like the ones you described. Just an FYI.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:48 AM
Jimnc
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 98 Posts

I just picked up one of these. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Worx-320...29-1/303113937

Pollen season is starting and I don't want to mess with a pressure washer just to knock the green stuff off the surface. My car is ceramic coated so I am hoping this will be 10 minutes process. Will give it a first try tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:03 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimnc
I just picked up one of these. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Worx-320...29-1/303113937

Pollen season is starting and I don't want to mess with a pressure washer just to knock the green stuff off the surface. My car is ceramic coated so I am hoping this will be 10 minutes process. Will give it a first try tomorrow.
Keep us posted. I just ordered the 40v version and the soap/suds attachment. I will have it Monday. Love the idea of not needing water supply from the house. Use a 5 gallon bucket. Very versatile and it is not so high PSI that it will damage items.

Get notified of new replies

To Pressure washer w/ soap

Quick Reply: Pressure washer w/ soap