Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Water free cleaning??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 07:15 PM
BRZI
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Water free cleaning??

I have a freind who owns a Black 67 mustang who says he never washes his car. Now mind you he never drives it unless weather conditions are perfect. The car has a amazing shine always. He say he just uses spray wax cleaner and wipes it down and waxes the car once a year with some 3m paste carnuba wax. Is this really possible? My car is Yellow and it gets pretty dusty and dirty afer 2-3 drives. Was wondering if any of you guys do this and why? I feel like nothing can clean your car like a good bath. But, I am open to trying something different if it really works.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:21 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Using just a spray wax on a dirty finish in providing some marring and swirls. They may be hidden temporarily by the use of a glaze or the wax. It would be best to use a rinse-less or water-less wash for cleaning specifically. You can then use a spray wax to add additional wetness and gloss as desired.

http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-ca...-products.html
(see how to's on page for help and hints)
Old 07-05-2015, 01:03 PM
BRZI
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

The one thing he told me it was a spray cleaner/ wax by meguiars. so maybe the cleaner aspect of it helps protect the dust and dirst from marring the paint. If I would have to go through using a waterless cleaner then spray wax after that sounds like a lot of work. you are just better of washing then. With the master blaster dryer I picked u from you guys I barely have to wipe the car down with a towel after usuing it. Maybe its better to just stick tho the method I know. I just like hearing of new methods of keep the car shine up without the least work. I once remember a member on the forum I think Devildog II saying he never used water to wash his car either. Maybe I will pm him to chime in.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:53 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BRZI
The one thing he told me it was a spray cleaner/ wax by meguiars. so maybe the cleaner aspect of it helps protect the dust and dirst from marring the paint. If I would have to go through using a waterless cleaner then spray wax after that sounds like a lot of work. you are just better of washing then. With the master blaster dryer I picked u from you guys I barely have to wipe the car down with a towel after usuing it. Maybe its better to just stick tho the method I know. I just like hearing of new methods of keep the car shine up without the least work. I once remember a member on the forum I think Devildog II saying he never used water to wash his car either. Maybe I will pm him to chime in.
A cleaner wax is different than a detail spray or rinseless wash. A cleaner wax is designed to help remove oxidation and prep paint for the wax in it. It is usually a chemical cleaner, some light abrasive polish, and wax. A cleaner wax is used on paint that has already been washed and ready for wax.

If you use one of the good rinseless or waterless wash products, you don't need to use a spray wax unless desired. Most have glossing agents and some even use a wax. Again, if you choose to go this route for light cleaning (you can still full wash as desired) then consider a product like Optimum No-Rinse or Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate. (Blackfire, Wolfgang, Pinnacle and others are also offered).

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-r...h-and-wax.html

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 07-05-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:42 PM
BRZI
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

I did A little more research and it seems Chadwicks triple play waterless wash is a favorite amongst forum users. I think I might give the stuff a try. I like the idea it cleans chrome and glass also.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:11 PM
sromley
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did A little more research and it seems Chadwicks triple play waterless wash is a favorite amongst forum users. I think I might give the stuff a try. I like the idea it cleans chrome and glass also.
I've been using Optimum no rinse for about four months now. While you still need a couple gallons of water, you don't spray down your car before washing or rinse afterwards. It think it works great.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:47 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

.... I like the idea it cleans chrome and glass also.
Optimum and Ultima offer the same benefits. They are all similar products, just different brands. Blackfire, Wolfgang, Duragloss and many more exist also.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:08 PM
BRZI
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

Well I received chadwicked triple play product yesterday. I tried it out and wowo I am impressed. I wont say I will not be washing my car ever again but I think it will be alot less frequent. I think being especially that my car is not a daily driver that this stuff is perfect and easy to upkeep the paint shine.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:29 PM
caboman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I received chadwicked triple play product yesterday. I tried it out and wowo I am impressed. I wont say I will not be washing my car ever again but I think it will be alot less frequent. I think being especially that my car is not a daily driver that this stuff is perfect and easy to upkeep the paint shine.
I have tried to fing this stuff and what I found was some posts at other sites saying this is a scam product. Anyone really using it and if so where did you purchase it?
Old 07-13-2015, 02:48 PM
BRZI
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12

It is not a scam so far I feel it works great. I purchased it directly from maker. I did a search here and found many people use it and love it. So far so good with me to.

Last edited by Tact; 07-13-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:12 PM
caboman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is not a scam so far I feel it works great. I purchased it directly from maker. I did a search here and found many people use it and love it. So far so good with me to.

Thanks for the info. It sounds great so I will try it on my new 2016 C7

Last edited by Tact; 07-13-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:57 PM
Racinfan83
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caboman
Thanks for the info. It sounds great so I will try it on my new 2016 C7
I got it last year and I like it. http://chadwickstripleplay.com/
That said - I use it as a cleaner and detail spray - and I still put a coat of wax or glaze on the car before a show. Mine is black - and the paint is 25 years old with some imperfections - so I use the wax with the Chadwicks in order to hide some of the imperfections. With your new car it will probably work great just by itself.
Neil is great to talk to and he answers the phone when you call.

Get notified of new replies

To Water free cleaning??

Quick Reply: Water free cleaning??