Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Weird Stains in Guzzler Waffle Weave

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 07:13 PM
IndyPilot
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Weird Stains in Guzzler Waffle Weave

So, I had some stains on my waffle weaves from a wash last night. I found it weird because as I was washing the car, there was no dirt on the mitt. Anyway, I though it maybe picked up something from the tires or something, so I threw them in the wash (warm water with Purex free and clear) and they are still there.

They don't feel stiff or brittle. I just looked like the towel was dyed/stained somehow.

Couple questions:
1. Is there anything I can try to do to get them out or should I just leave them alone?

2. Should I be concerned using them on the car again?

I'm probably just being paranoid but thought I'd ask first.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:47 PM
IndyPilot
Instructor

I'm heading to the store tonight. Is there anything I might purchase to try to get the stains out that'll be safe on the towel or am I better off just leaving them alone?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:09 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Its hard to tell in pics, but almost looks like paint polish.

Do you know what was washed prior to these towels in the wash ??? Anything with traditional bleach ?? If you cannot feel it, likely it wont stop them from drying.

When my towels have polish or wax in them, I soak them in our DP Pad Rejuvenator mix which is citrus based. Obviously it wont help if the stain is permanent.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:31 PM
IndyPilot
Instructor

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Its hard to tell in pics, but almost looks like paint polish.

Do you know what was washed prior to these towels in the wash ??? Anything with traditional bleach ?? If you cannot feel it, likely it wont stop them from drying.

When my towels have polish or wax in them, I soak them in our DP Pad Rejuvenator mix which is citrus based. Obviously it wont help if the stain is permanent.
I think some shirts were washing in the washer prior but we don't use bleach.

Only thing I can think of is I bought a black MF wand for cleaning the wheels. I had it in the same bucket as the Guzzlers overnight because I didn't get a chance to wash them. Maybe it bled over. I didn't wash the black mitt with the guzzlers though.

If I run my hand over the guzzlers, you can't feel any difference with the stained area. I'm running them through the wash right now again just to be safe in case it is some kind of dirt.

I'm not too worried about them drying since they do such a fantastic job. I just am paranoid about putting any scratches in.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:45 AM
IndyPilot
Instructor

So, I washed the guzzlers again by myself and the stains are still there, unchanged. I'm convinced it is just bleed over from the black wash mitt while they were sitting in the bucket.

Sorry for the paranoia.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:42 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

While wet, rub some bar soap on it and rub it together with your hands and see if it comes out. I just did a load of the same towels last night. I get dirt on them from drying under the doors, wiping protectant off the chrome wheels etc.
I've tried just spraying a spot cleaner on but not all of it comes out unless I do a little rubbing!
Old 07-16-2015, 04:46 PM
IndyPilot
Instructor

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
While wet, rub some bar soap on it and rub it together with your hands and see if it comes out. I just did a load of the same towels last night. I get dirt on them from drying under the doors, wiping protectant off the chrome wheels etc.
I've tried just spraying a spot cleaner on but not all of it comes out unless I do a little rubbing!

I had another cheapie MF towel that was in the same load that also had a stain on it. I tried putting detergent directly on it and rubbing it together. I also tried some all purpose cleaner. Neither one did anything. That's why I'm kind of leaning towards it was dyed it and it permanent now.

Get notified of new replies

To Weird Stains in Guzzler Waffle Weave

Quick Reply: Weird Stains in Guzzler Waffle Weave