Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Waxing Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 10:18 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default Waxing Question

On my 08 Z51 CRM I used Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and then applied 2 coats (1 week apart) of Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba Paste Wax and it looks Great.

My question is after I wash the car in the future can I apply Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Quik Wax Spray or will this be too much wax, I wash my car every Saturday. or.........

Should I just use the Meguiars Gold Class High Gloss Premium Quick Detailer Spray?

I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax to wash my cars.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:44 AM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 355 Likes on 220 Posts

Your wax has some longevity. I would just use the detailer.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:24 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Wax should last a few months, so I would use the detail spray.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:41 PM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by justplainjim
Your wax has some longevity. I would just use the detailer.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:35 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

It would not harm to use a spray wax, infact you could consider it a booster to the original wax application. If you are simply looking for great looks use a detail spray or something like Optimums Gloss Enhancing Spray.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:50 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

OK Guys thanx for your replies, I was worried that extra wax spray would harm the look. I think I will use the detail spray at the show on Saturday.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:49 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

another question..... If I use the detailer to shine it up can I use the Spray Quick Wax over top of the detailer?
Old 07-19-2015, 05:02 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ls1121
another question..... If I use the detailer to shine it up can I use the Spray Quick Wax over top of the detailer?
why use both ??? Is the car clean already ?? Perhaps you should find a product that offers exactly what you want in one product as possible.

If you are simply looking for a "just waxed" look, then use the spray wax after the wash and dry as a booster. If you want to impart good looks only, consider a product like Optimums Detailer and Gloss Enhancing Spray. Now if you want to light clean and good looks, perhaps something like Optimums No Rinse with 'nuba wax would work.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:45 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

The reason I ask is because I cannot find any discussions on this topic. I am not a chemist and do not know how one product reacts to another. Ya know if it is a waste because it will not stick or will it cause some type of damage, things like that. I have found that Meguiar's web site is not very helpful at all, their videos do not work and have not for a while. But I am liking how they look. I never really got that into detailing cars I have always been the kinda once a year wax guy and that was it. Now my Corvette....... I'm not big on letting anyone touch any of my cars and definitely not this one. I am in the learning mode that"s why some of my questions might sound dumb.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:33 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

The reason I ask is because I cannot find any discussions on this topic. I am not a chemist and do not know how one product reacts to another. Ya know if it is a waste because it will not stick or will it cause some type of damage, things like that. I have found that Meguiar's web site is not very helpful at all, their videos do not work and have not for a while. But I am liking how they look. I never really got that into detailing cars I have always been the kinda once a year wax guy and that was it. Now my Corvette....... I'm not big on letting anyone touch any of my cars and definitely not this one. I am in the learning mode that"s why some of my questions might sound dumb.
Your questions are not dumb .... we are just trying to understand what you want to accomplish and what are you looking for in outcome. That way we can help you with a plan that meets the objective. PM as wanted and I will be happy to help
Old 08-30-2015, 02:01 PM
R1 Rider
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm a big fan of Meguiars ultimate liquid wax but for the first time today I tried the Barret Jackson liquid wax.. Very impressed , I like it as least as good if not better.. Easy on, easy off, great shine!

On a side note, I've tried the Zaino process a couple of times, in my opinion a huge waste of time and money. Seems their biggest supporters are the car show guys who have very low mileage cars or new paint that doesn't need waxed or shined anyway..
Old 08-31-2015, 07:42 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 920 Likes on 465 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

I would also suggest you look at Autogeek and Adam's videos.

Get notified of new replies

To Waxing Question

Quick Reply: Waxing Question