Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Sealants and a can of worms.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 03:13 PM
anthony2823
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sealants and a can of worms.

I read about 30-40 posts however I know that even in three years new as advances come out and something reviewed in 2011 might be out dated.

I'm looking at protective sealants that one last long and a far second look good. So far I'm still a zanio guy, but I have never tried

Jet seal from chemical guys
Klasse
Wolfgang
Has anyone used these before and if so can you compare it to zanio.

I tried reject, black fire, which was good but to me I didn't feel it lasted as long as zanio z2 with accelerator.

Please if anyone has a good long lasting sealant, I'm interested I your story or review. I'm not looking to use wax as I have a few good ones I enjoy putting on top of my sealant.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:25 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Jet seal will look good for the 3 days it lasts,
Klasse = Good stuff tough to work with

Love wolfgang and BlackFire, won't last as long as z, but will look 1000's better

just my opinion
Old 07-24-2015, 05:13 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Go with one of the newer tech coatings such as Optimum Gloss Coat. Will far outlast most traditional sealants on the market and offer a nice finish. It can be topped as well. Whatever coating/sealant/wax is used prep is the key to the best results. You dont want to seal in scratches and such. A fresh clean surface will also allow for proper bonding
Old 07-24-2015, 11:15 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

A paint sealant is simply a synthetic wax and they have come along way since their introduction. Zaino (very good product line) is a paint sealant also, they just use "showcar polish" to stand out in a crowd. The accelerator indeed appears to help with longevity. If you however, want the newest and longest protection then a Coating is the best choice. Easier to apply and remove, look as good as most sealants (very glossy and reflective) and will outlast just about every paint sealant to date. The challenge .... cost !

Now if you don't want the outlay of the coating initially, you can find two sealants that come to mind with an accelerator type product. Duragloss and Nitroseal by 3D. Other sealants like Wolfgang, Blackfire , and DP offer great looks and easy application and should last a very reasonable 3-6 months in most environments. Best part, they all offer booster sprays which are easy to apply after the wash and extend the waxing cycle.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:13 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Klasse can be tricky. Just apply very sparingly. And use a Sonus QD misted towel when removing.

I swear by this product. I apply three coats and last for years on a garaged kept non DD. I do boost it with Sonus acrylic QD. Paint always smooth and nothing sticks.

Clay or Nano sponge prior.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:06 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Klasse can be tricky. Just apply very sparingly. And use a Sonus QD misted towel when removing.

I swear by this product. I apply three coats and last for years on a garaged kept non DD. I do boost it with Sonus acrylic QD. Paint always smooth and nothing sticks.

Clay or Nano sponge prior.
I may have shared this prior .... in reference to Klasse specifically.

Klasse AIO (red bottle) is a great multi prep product to help set Klasse SG (silver bottle). They really work best when used as a two step.

For Klasse SG, you can find removing it a bear. With a couple tricks it can be easy to use and remove. Consider transferring some of it into a small spray bottle. Spritz the panel and immediately use a light MF applicator to cover the area. Then immediately buff off with a MF towel. If you find an area that is hard to remove, re-spritz and immediately buff off. Allow the product to cure on the finish for 4-24 hours as possible outside of rain and wet weather. You can add a second layer as desired once cured.

Sonus makes two acrylic products (same design as Klasse) that work well with Klasse. One is a quick detailer type product, the other is a booster. These products can be used after each wash session and can help extend the time of protection. The Klasse twins are a serious choice, the only issue that some might suggest is that it looks a little "old school" but the sprays often alleviate it and add additional gloss.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Yes the Sonus sprays are a nice compliment with the twins. The use of the Sonus just keeps the Klasse working for months and months.

Now I must say that I rarely put water and soap to my car. Maybe once a year. It gets dusted every drive and then maybe once a month I use the Sonus QD.

Car cover when not driven.

Used to be 5,000 early now closer to 3,000 if no long trips.

Getting old and like staying around the house more and more...grandkids and my golf are my excitement nowadays.

Get notified of new replies

To Sealants and a can of worms.

Quick Reply: Sealants and a can of worms.