Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Wheel treatment

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 11:04 PM
Spowell637
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Wheel treatment

Today I was talking with a guy who has driven over 100 miles on his Vette and there was NO brake dust on the chrome wheel. I asked what he treated his wheels with and he couldn't remember the brand name but it is as polish and sealant he bought last year at Carlisle.

Anyone have any idea ? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:28 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Don't know the specific product, but a couple of wheel coatings are offered. You can also use a traditional paint sealant (Blackfire, Rejex, Wolfgang) as desired. They don't stop all brake dust but can help reduce the appearance. Moving to ceramic pads can also help a lot also.

I like and suggest G-Technics Wheel Armor as a single coating will last a year on most wheel types. It is ceramic based and does not contain silicones which capture dirt and dust and hold it.

http://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c5-wheel-armor.html
Old 08-01-2015, 06:33 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Might be his brake pads. My C7 base model pads are dust free....chrome wheels are treated with Gtech C5 sealant from The "Geek". My C3 is a different story. Drive it around the block and the wheels are showing dust. I'll probably go back to OEM pads. The current ceramic pads are as bad as were the last set that I tossed that came with the brake kit.
Interesting thing with pads is that are one model that works great on one car of mine is horrible on another car.

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel treatment

Quick Reply: Wheel treatment