Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Waxing Painted Fuel Rail Covers

Old 07-27-2015, 05:07 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Default Waxing Painted Fuel Rail Covers

I recently purchased some painted smoothie fuel rail covers for my C7 from a forum vendor (RPM) and I am wondering if it is OK to use wax on them. The wax I put on my car is Sovereign Pinnacle 100% Carnauba and requires very little rubbing and seems to contain little or no abrasives. Would a light application of this be OK? If not, would it be OK to at least use a detailer like the Adams Detailer on them?
Old 07-27-2015, 05:35 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

The Pinnacle Souveran is a great choice. As you offered, it is a pure 'nuba wax with no appreciable cleaners or abrasives. As a backup you can always use Pinnacle Crystal Mist or Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax also. The wax will last longer than the spray.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:45 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Thanks and sorry I did not notice your pinned Q and A thread before I started a new thread. I absolutely love the Pinnacle wax. Being an old school guy, I have always preferred the look of wax to sealers (I know, you have to apply more often) and this stuff is super easy to use and goes a heck of a long ways. I also have not had the problem with chalky stuff in the cracks with this wax... I love this stuff!

Thanks for your support.

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
The Pinnacle Souveran is a great choice. As you offered, it is a pure 'nuba wax with no appreciable cleaners or abrasives. As a backup you can always use Pinnacle Crystal Mist or Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax also. The wax will last longer than the spray.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:24 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,238 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Exactly what I use.

Get notified of new replies

To Waxing Painted Fuel Rail Covers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Waxing Painted Fuel Rail Covers