Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Drying

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:19 AM
Herseys
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drying

Is Micro Fiber now the way to go for drying your car? Never hear anyone talking about using a chamois anymore.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:50 AM
KBsToy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, there are a lot of different variety`s out there now. Waffle weave, micro fiber madness, rag company`s, Auto geek and Autopia have ones for sale also. Remember you want something soft touching your car so it does not get scratch.

I myself use dry me crazy. I first use my cordless leaf blower to get the water out of door jams, grill and other areas that collect water. I then spritz my car with a quick detailer then use my towel to dry the car. This provides some lubricity and gives your car a shine also.

This is from a weekend detailer
Old 07-29-2015, 07:23 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by KBsToy
Yes, there are a lot of different variety`s out there now. Waffle weave, micro fiber madness, rag company`s, Auto geek and Autopia have ones for sale also. Remember you want something soft touching your car so it does not get scratch.

I myself use dry me crazy. I first use my cordless leaf blower to get the water out of door jams, grill and other areas that collect water. I then spritz my car with a quick detailer then use my towel to dry the car. This provides some lubricity and gives your car a shine also.

This is from a weekend detailer

MF towels are indeed a better choice over traditional cotton towels and chamois. There are however a lot of towels and variables to each. (thickness, softness, design). Try to use a drying instrument when possible (leaf blower, Master Blaster, Car Dryer) and then a light mist of a detail spray or spray wax booster and blot as possible or allow towel to slide across the finish without pressure.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:16 AM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 344 Likes on 214 Posts

Leaf blower.
Some kind of instant detailer.
Micro-fiber.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:38 PM
IndyPilot
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave...

I'm pretty much amazed by them every time I use them. One swipe and that's all it takes!

I then use an electric leaf blower to get the water from areas I can't get to with the towels.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

Master Blaster works great !
Old 08-02-2015, 11:08 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Borntorun04
Master Blaster works great !
Great tool for drying indeed. We have now designed a blower for those looking for a lower cost alternative. A leaf blower also works in a pinch.

http://www.autogeek.net/dp-turbo-car-dryer.html

Get notified of new replies

To Drying

Quick Reply: Drying