Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Carworx Refinish Restorer

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 08:17 AM
COCO RICK
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Carworx Refinish Restorer

I posted the following on the general forum and later realized it would have been better if I had posted here.

"After reading great reviews on the Chevy Avalanche forum I decided to give this stuff (Carworx Refinish Restorer- 500ml) a try. If you ever noticed an old avalanche you'll know what I'm talking about. The ugly black plastic turns to an almost light gray with age. I just finished applying it and if it holds up like they say it will, I'll be impressed.

So, has anyone tried this product on the black wheel wells and underside around the exhaust?"
Old 07-29-2015, 07:20 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Don't know that product specifically ....

Generally you have several trim products to choice from. Protectants, Refinishing or Restoring products, and trim coatings. The refinishing/restoring products are often used to bring back trim that has turned grey. Some offer a permanent dye and others have other ingredients to try and bring back the color as their lifespan is hard to note especially in different environments.

Hope the product works as advertised ...if not let us know if you need another worthy choice.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:32 AM
COCO RICK
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Don't know that product specifically ....

Generally you have several trim products to choice from. Protectants, Refinishing or Restoring products, and trim coatings. The refinishing/restoring products are often used to bring back trim that has turned grey. Some offer a permanent dye and others have other ingredients to try and bring back the color as their lifespan is hard to note especially in different environments.

Hope the product works as advertised ...if not let us know if you need another worthy choice.
Only time will tell.
Thanks for the reply.

Get notified of new replies

To Carworx Refinish Restorer

Quick Reply: Carworx Refinish Restorer