Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Please help me choose from these two electric pressure washers for my C7

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Please help me choose from these two electric pressure washers for my C7

As the title states, which one would you choose and why to wash a C7? Both units have a soap dispenser that appears to work quite well. Will I need a foam lancer? If so, which quick connect/disconnect? Here are the links to both units:

1) http://www.snowjoe.com/product/sun-j...e-reel-spx3001

2) http://www.arblueclean.com/Products/...washer-166.cfm
Old 08-17-2015, 07:30 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Are you looking for a power washer just to use on the car ??? If so, look to Karcher as another option with a lower cost. If you are looking to cover the car in foam as a prewash, consider a foam cannon to go along with it.

http://www.autogeek.net/foam-cannon-wash-gun.html
Old 08-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Are you looking for a power washer just to use on the car ??? If so, look to Karcher as another option with a lower cost. If you are looking to cover the car in foam as a prewash, consider a foam cannon to go along with it.

http://www.autogeek.net/foam-cannon-wash-gun.html
Hi sir, I have purchased quite a bit from Autogeek. Based upon reviews, I have narrowed my choices to the above two units within this price range. I do have a question. The units have soap dispensers. These do not work as well as a foam cannon? I am attempting to avoid purchasing a foam cannon separately if the units can cover the car in foam adequately. The purpose of the unit is to both wash the car and cover the car with foam as a prewash.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:43 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Translator
Hi sir, I have purchased quite a bit from Autogeek. Based upon reviews, I have narrowed my choices to the above two units within this price range. I do have a question. The units have soap dispensers. These do not work as well as a foam cannon? I am attempting to avoid purchasing a foam cannon separately if the units can cover the car in foam adequately. The purpose of the unit is to both wash the car and cover the car with foam as a prewash.
Thank you for your patronage ....generally speaking the soap dispenser in most powerwasher's will mix soap with water prior to coming out of the included wand. It usually doesn't look like foam from the cannon, as most units require a light spray nozzle used for soap specifically.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:08 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Thank you for your patronage ....generally speaking the soap dispenser in most powerwasher's will mix soap with water prior to coming out of the included wand. It usually doesn't look like foam from the cannon, as most units require a light spray nozzle used for soap specifically.
Thank you. If you get the chance, please kindly review the specifications/features for both units that I cam considering, and please render your opinion.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

No one here has experience with these two units?
Old 08-19-2015, 06:13 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Translator
No one here has experience with these two units?
Unfortunately I don't. The first one appears out-of-stock, so that might point you the other direction. I have a multi-stage Generac unit currently and I like it.

My father owns a cheap Home Depot offering for 100.00 and its a work horse and the extended warranty was like 25.00 for 4-5 years. (the pumps often go bad and more expensive to repair then replace)

I can offer that using the pump conditioning spray after use to dry up the water left in it appears to work. I have had to replace several previous units. Also never let them run for a significant time without use. Look for one that preferably offers and auto shut-off. The pumps heat up and essentially burn up.

Get notified of new replies

To Please help me choose from these two electric pressure washers for my C7

Quick Reply: Please help me choose from these two electric pressure washers for my C7