Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Recent work from Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 08:43 PM
0Mr. Sparkle
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Recent work from Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY

Just sharing some work completed recently for some local corvette enthusiasts

C5 body - 2 step paint correction topped with Optimum Opti-Seal and Optimum 'Car Wax'

Fresh set of Z06 wheels - full protection with Opti-Coat Pro prior to mounting of tires

2014 C7 Stingray - 2 step paint correction followed by Opti-Glass Pro (exterior glass) and Opti-Coat Pro (exterior paint, trim & wheels). We also installed Xpel paint protection film on the door sills, door cups and gas cap

And finally - although this isn't a Corvette this is a Chevy crowd so I'm sure no one will mind...

1988 Camaro Z28 - repainted a few years back I was asked recently to prep it for a car show. Cleaned up some of the old body shop mess and other wear and tear. 2 step paint correction with sealant

And a little flipagram video for this car (video quality is terrible with flipagram - sorry)

<div id="fb-root"></div>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));<div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/390711084353956/videos/900915240000202/"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/390711084353956/videos/900915240000202/"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/390711084353956/videos/900915240000202/"></a><p>1988 tunes for this repainted 1988 Camaro Iroc Z!2 step paint correction with sealant At the home of the swirl free finish...www.MrSparkleDetailing.com</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Sparkle-Detailing-Inc/390711084353956">Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc.</a> on Monday, September 28, 2015</blockquote></div></div>

Reporting from the home of the swirl free finish in West Babylon, NY

www.MrSparkleDetailing.com

Follow me on Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

or on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Mr-Sparkle-...3956/timeline/
Old 10-03-2015, 11:35 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

That's taking it to the next level! The wheel work alone...
Old 10-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

you have good success with Ford vehicles with correction? I love my color Ruby Red but the peel is horrible.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:52 AM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

As always, BEAUTIFUL
Old 10-10-2015, 02:39 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

wish your shop was closer
Old 10-11-2015, 08:06 PM
0Mr. Sparkle
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dave concrete
you have good success with Ford vehicles with correction? I love my color Ruby Red but the peel is horrible.
yes indeed. Although my focus in this forum is on chevys, I work on all makes / models

Most of my focus is not on orange peel however. Its scratches, swirls marks, holograms, micro marring, haze, oxidation, water spots, bug stains etc etc. To truly remove orange peel you need to sand quite a bit. On a factory paint job, not really worth it (the amount of clear coat on a factory paint job is usually thin or really thin). Aftermarket paint jobs (collision work) will spray the paint heavy so they can remove some of it in the sanding process to knock down their orange peel.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
yes indeed. Although my focus in this forum is on chevys, I work on all makes / models

Most of my focus is not on orange peel however. Its scratches, swirls marks, holograms, micro marring, haze, oxidation, water spots, bug stains etc etc. To truly remove orange peel you need to sand quite a bit. On a factory paint job, not really worth it (the amount of clear coat on a factory paint job is usually thin or really thin). Aftermarket paint jobs (collision work) will spray the paint heavy so they can remove some of it in the sanding process to knock down their orange peel.
I figured that about the clear. Just a ball park figure what does a paint correction typically cost? and how long on average does it take? I need this on my truck. It sat in the lot for a year and when I got it I only did a Chadwick to it so it shines brilliantly but up close you can see it needs a real good deep hit.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:33 PM
0Mr. Sparkle
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dave concrete
I figured that about the clear. Just a ball park figure what does a paint correction typically cost? and how long on average does it take? I need this on my truck. It sat in the lot for a year and when I got it I only did a Chadwick to it so it shines brilliantly but up close you can see it needs a real good deep hit.
Too many variables to quote it really. I'd ask to see it at the shop. The size of the truck, the condition of the paint, the expectations. All this factors into an accurate guess on how long it will take.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Martinez310
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15,'19

i wish my vette looked like that

Get notified of new replies

To Recent work from Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY

Quick Reply: Recent work from Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY