Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Synthetic polymer finish application

Old 10-04-2015, 08:38 PM
ETHYL
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Synthetic polymer finish application

My Corvette has a coat of carnauba wax. Does anyone strip off the wax coating before application of a synthetic polymer wax? If so, what did you use? No directions on the bottle or any other brand make any mention of stripping the wax, yet when I called the customer rep he said the wax must be removed. The polymer needs to adhere to the paint not the wax to be effective. Any comments?
Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 PM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by ETHYL
My Corvette has a coat of carnauba wax. Does anyone strip off the wax coating before application of a synthetic polymer wax? If so, what did you use? No directions on the bottle or any other brand make any mention of stripping the wax, yet when I called the customer rep he said the wax must be removed. The polymer needs to adhere to the paint not the wax to be effective. Any comments?
You can use any dishwashing soap, Dawn being preferred.
The following users liked this post:
ETHYL (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 07:24 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ETHYL
It is indeed best to remove a 'nuba based wax prior to applying a synthetic wax. You can use many products to remove the wax. There are professional paint cleaners, paint cleansing lotions (like Pinnacles), and polishing (abrasive) will also remove the wax.

http://www.autogeek.net/wax-remover.html

Get notified of new replies

To Synthetic polymer finish application

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Synthetic polymer finish application