Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Polishing results

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Naldinator
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Polishing results

Ok first of all don't ever get into this. It has become an obsession with me now. I am on a one man mission to rid all the cars I see of swirl makrs and damaged clear coat. I was afraid to get after my black cars with a polisher but can say the Junkman got me over the hump.

This vid is actually my 2006 Nissan Titan. I started learning on this one because it is my work,play,hunting,offroading truck. As you can see the paint was horrible.

Not perfect but the after results speak for themselves. This is with no wax at all. Just most of the scratches removed. Honestly on this car it is perfect.

Thoughts?

The vette will be next and I will post up some before/after stuff.

Last edited by Naldinator; 10-14-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:57 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

keep up the work ....
Old 10-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Naldinator
Pro

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
keep up the work ....
I got some decent pads from some place I cannot remember but need to order some more.

Right now I am doing orange medium cut with Meguiar's 105 and blue pad with 105 after claying (junkman method) on the porter cable.

Got any recommendation on pads I do generally like to support vendors of sites I frequent.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:17 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Looks good! I use lake country pads, they work really well and they come highly recommended. AutoGeek has some nice assortment packs of them that'll give you a range of choices when you don't need to be as aggressive.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:10 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
Looks good! I use lake country pads, they work really well and they come highly recommended. AutoGeek has some nice assortment packs of them that'll give you a range of choices when you don't need to be as aggressive.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:34 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Nice save!
Old 10-16-2015, 08:25 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,239 Likes on 910 Posts

Rid the world of all the paint swirls and holograms, you are one of us now.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I have to get mu butt in gear and do mine. O oerded the complete kit over a year ago and it sits still boxed.

My problem is that my paint is on good condition on my 2008 C6. Always garaged and not a DD. Many coats of the Klasse sealant on it and repeated applications of Sonus enhancer for wipe downs.

Ya I have some minor very light scratches but hard to see and I am hesitant to screw up. Even though I have all the right equipment.

Someday I will get to it.

The car has been Nano sponged so it is very smooth.

Once I start I want to finish in the same day and with the washing claying and the different steps with polishing and then applying the coats of sealant, well at my age it would be a very long day.

Nice job for the OP's first try.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Naldinator
Pro

Thanks guys.

There is still some marks left in the truck but really it was me making sure I could do a car and not mess it up more. Obviously that lighting is picking up every little spot left, but out in the sun the truck looks amazing.

Doing the vettenuts insulation this weekend. Probably going to start polishing her next week.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:02 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Naldinator
I got some decent pads from some place I cannot remember but need to order some more.

Right now I am doing orange medium cut with Meguiar's 105 and blue pad with 105 after claying (junkman method) on the porter cable.

Got any recommendation on pads I do generally like to support vendors of sites I frequent.
Thank you for considering forum supporting vendors, we do this for you and for long term relationships not a quick one time sale here at Autogeek.

I personally like use Lake Country's Hydro-Tech pads. Simple, effective, and nothing fancy. The pads work and they offer only a couple abrasive differences that are easy to remember based upon color. They are offered in a couple sizes and two thicknesses currently.

http://www.autogeek.net/lakecountry.html

Get notified of new replies

To Polishing results

Quick Reply: Polishing results