Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Pinnacle Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 02:41 PM
camburger
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Pinnacle Question

I typically use the Pinnacle Souveran. But recently I bought some Pinnacle Signature Series II to try it out and find it sort of a crumbly kind of buttery in the container as I swipe some out with the applicator verses the nice smooth buttery Souveran I'm accustomed to. Both give an excellent finish but that crumbly action is a bit annoying.

Is this the typical texture of the SS II ?

Thank You

Bob

Last edited by camburger; 10-30-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:24 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,246 Likes on 914 Posts

When something works for you stay with it. I have used Pinnacle Souveran for several years and love it. Never used PSS-2 but maybe Killerwheels here can shed some light on your issue.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

The wax is most paste wax containers is initially a hard block. Sometimes as it is poured into the container it can cool and crack a bit, looking like chunks and even some crumbling. Using a foam applicator and moving in a circular motion should warm the wax enough to help it become the butter consistency as noted.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:25 AM
camburger
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
When something works for you stay with it. I have used Pinnacle Souveran for several years and love it. Never used PSS-2 but maybe Killerwheels here can shed some light on your issue.
Oh I fully intend on staying with my Souveran, but I'm not against the occasional experiment especially within the Pinnacle line of products.

I just wanted to ask if the crumbly properties I find with the SSII was characteristic of that particular product. I will use it, and deal with it's physical properties since it does seem to yield as nice a finish as the Souveran.

Bob
Old 11-02-2015, 07:53 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

SSII is more durable and was designed for all colors, it really appears to enhance metallics. Souveran is the consummate show wax and best used on black, red, and yellows. While these are suggestions ... in the end it comes down to the user and the look he/she is after.

And for those looking to try SSII, a new 3 ounce version has just been released in time for SEMA.

http://www.autogeek.net/pin-311.html
Old 11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,246 Likes on 914 Posts

I only use Pinnacle Souveran on by black cars, I have never found anything better. At a car show last weekend several people asked me what kind of wax did I use? Three step polish with Menzerna, sealed with Wolfgang 3.0 and topped with Pinnacle Souveran. Perfect!
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (11-03-2015)

Get notified of new replies

To Pinnacle Question

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Question