Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Protecting Lexan roof

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Tom Gilfoy
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Protecting Lexan roof

Hi Guys. I was wondering if this sounds like a good idea? I have no choice but to leave my 2005 coupe in the driveway this winter in New Jersey. I bought a Noah Car cover from one of the vette venders. I am thing of cutting a piece of 3 mil plastic sheet out of a 55gal trask can liner and laying it across the top of the removable top to protect the seals from water entering when the top expands and contracts with the cold from the snow. On top of this would be the Noah car cover. Does anyone do this or just leave the carcover on by itself.
Thanks for your info.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:00 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 742 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Gilfoy
Hi Guys. I was wondering if this sounds like a good idea? I have no choice but to leave my 2005 coupe in the driveway this winter in New Jersey. I bought a Noah Car cover from one of the vette venders. I am thing of cutting a piece of 3 mil plastic sheet out of a 55gal trask can liner and laying it across the top of the removable top to protect the seals from water entering when the top expands and contracts with the cold from the snow. On top of this would be the Noah car cover. Does anyone do this or just leave the carcover on by itself.
Thanks for your info.
I leave mine uncovered here in Jersey. I'd rather not have something get under the cover and abrade. 5 years outside and I still have people amazed at the shape it's in

Quick Reply: Protecting Lexan roof