Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Replacement for Zaino Clear Seal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Replacement for Zaino Clear Seal?

Been using Zaino Clear Seal for years and quite frankly, don't want to pay $30.00 plus $10.00 shipping anymore. Besides, it seems to be very difficult to get it to spread evenly over a recently waxed (Fuzion) car.

I'd like to locate a similar product that has the durability and shine of Clear Seal but not the price. Would really like it if it spreads more evenly. Are there others out there?

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2015, 04:15 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
Been using Zaino Clear Seal for years and quite frankly, don't want to pay $30.00 plus $10.00 shipping anymore. Besides, it seems to be very difficult to get it to spread evenly over a recently waxed (Fuzion) car.

I'd like to locate a similar product that has the durability and shine of Clear Seal but not the price. Would really like it if it spreads more evenly. Are there others out there?

Thanks!
Zaino makes many fine products. Clear Seal is indeed well liked and used.

Other similar products exist:

Wolfgang, DP, Blackfire, Dodo Juice and Optimum immediately come to mind. Many different price points likely based upon size and brand. I have used many, but not over Fuzion specifically.

Have you thought of trying a spray sealant or spray wax instead ?? Something like Prima's Hydro Max , Perhaps another choice.
Old 11-22-2015, 08:59 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

While the 30 bucks plus shipping may seem expensive, a bottle of Zaino Clear Sealant seems to last forever since you use so little product. After doing an entire car you can barely notice a difference in the level of the bottle. It also lasts a long time on the car. A nice Z8 finish seems to enhance the shine and makes it even more durable. I know this doesn't answer your question, but when you figure all this in the price isn't that bad IMO.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:12 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Thanks!
I was ready to give up on Z-CS as despite every attempt to spread it thinly and evenly it did not dry clear and it left streaks. However, once I started doing a wipedown with Z-8 Spray Seal immediately after applying the Z-CS the results were outstanding. I know the stuff is pricey but it does go a long way if applied correctly and for me the results are well worth the cost. I have tried a number of the similar products and for my money the Z-CS/Z-8 combo beats them all.

BIGMAC
Old 11-22-2015, 11:16 AM
Rob4092xx
Drifting

Received 295 Likes on 108 Posts

Are there any less-expensive products someone can recommend that is similar to Clear Seal?
Old 12-01-2015, 12:09 AM
CLLOFF
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Are there any less-expensive products someone can recommend that is similar to Clear Seal?
I have been very pleased with the Blackfire Crystal SeAL from autogeek. I use a number of their Blackfire products on my 2 SUVs. But quality products are still not cheap.

I keep the Zaino for the Corvette. One order from Zaino lasts me about 2 years. I put on about 9-10 coats of polish plus clear seal with z-8 each year. Detailing the corvette about one a month for me is much cheaper than a therapist

Get notified of new replies

To Replacement for Zaino Clear Seal?

Quick Reply: Replacement for Zaino Clear Seal?