Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Foam cannon / chemical guys / honeydew soap

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 06:16 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Foam cannon / chemical guys / honeydew soap

So I just bought a C7 and was talking with the previous owner and he showed me some pictures of my car covered in suds as if it were snowing. I asked about his cleaning process and he began to educate me on everything. He was using "honey dew" soap in the cannon and a electric 1300 psi pressure washer. I am already 2 steps ahead as I have a 3100 psi Subaru that I just picked up. I was going to find the soap and just order a foam gun off of the auction site. Before I take such steps I thought I would look for some guidance. I a cannon a cannon and is there a particular soap that works better? If there is a good deal on a kit out there let me know.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:21 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

There are two types of foam guns, one for a traditional hose and others for pressure cleaners. They can be very cool as when used with certain foams it will looking like a shaving experiment gone bad. It is very important to still use good washing and drying techniques to avoid harm to your paint (ie. scratching).

I find that foam guns really help tremendously with presoak and starting to loosen the dirt before a traditional wash. Almost all soaps will work with a foam gun/cannon, and some like those from DP, Chemical Guys, etc are designed for them specifically.

http://www.autogeek.net/washing.html

(We are the forum supporting sponsor for Car Care, we offer a full time discount to members (see my sig line), and while only one couponcode applies per order you can always see the current sale on top of our page to measure the best deal for your order. )

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 12-06-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:25 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I have to say the CG Honeydew soap foams much more than other good carwash soaps in my foam gun (not foam cannon). Other soaps work, but their formulation is nice for suds.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:10 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I use CG Mr. Pink in both the foam gun and cannon. I have used the Honeydew as well. I bought the foam gun on the auction site and the cannon was ordered through Walmart. Same name brand just cheaper prices.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:15 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

So I am no fancy car washer and I really don't deal with the elements. I just want a good soap. Hell Im that guy that will take my wifes softest towels to dry the car and then hide them in the garage until they need to be washed themselves. At that point I deal with the wrath. HAHAHA Going to have the car detailed when it arrives and just try to maintain it. Thanks for everyones feedback.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:36 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I find Duragloss to be a great soap, with or without, a foam gun/cannon. That said here are a couple to consider with those tools specifically:

http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guy...s-shampoo.html

http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun-soap.html
Old 12-08-2015, 06:00 AM
KBsToy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love this Griots foam gun..

It works well with all soaps and lays down a nice layer of foam. The problem is a couple of company's had similar guns but stop making them. I was lucky to get one on sale from detailing .com but I have to wait they are on back order..

Last edited by Tact; 12-08-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:29 AM
MarcusYang
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hiii
Quite a lot of car detailing products are available today from plenty of reputed brands. I would however suggest you to take your vehicle to a car groomer, ask the experts to take a look the paint color and texture, and then ask for the best car cleaning products.
Thanks
Marcus Yang
Old 01-04-2016, 06:15 PM
ArjanRDC
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I would suggest is being careful with such high PSI. With the wrong tip, you can really ruin your paint.

Get notified of new replies

To Foam cannon / chemical guys / honeydew soap

Quick Reply: Foam cannon / chemical guys / honeydew soap