Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

CQuartz Finest pricing opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 03:43 PM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16
Default CQuartz Finest pricing opinions

My Z06 is being built next week and I'm planning on having CQuartz Finest put on the car right after my Courtesy delivery. A local place that seems to have very good reviews has quoted me $999 to clay, polish and put 3 coats on the entire car. Is this price in line with what other people are paying or should I shop around?
Old 01-18-2016, 04:26 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

If you were concerned with pricing, you certainly could do the work yourself and save some $$$. That said, at an average of 50.00 or more per hour, that's 10 hours of work. Between washing, claying, polishing and coating that appears fair. You suggested the entire car, which often is wheels, barrels, calipers and all painted and trim surfaces. While initially most would suggest 1000.00 is high, that seems fair after considering all work.

Just remember to learn good washing and drying techniques. That way you wont need to have car detailed for some time to come. This should provide a return on your initial investment also.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:57 PM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

It's not that I'm against paying the price, I'm not a young kid anymore and don't want to put in that amount of effort and I've never done this before. I have no problem washing the car. When they said the whole car I really don't think they meant wheels, calipers and trim. Besides I just bought some Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel coating from you this weekend. What I was wondering what other people paid for this so I can make sure I'm not getting ripped off and I'm paying a fair price.

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
If you were concerned with pricing, you certainly could do the work yourself and save some $$$. That said, at an average of 50.00 or more per hour, that's 10 hours of work. Between washing, claying, polishing and coating that appears fair. You suggested the entire car, which often is wheels, barrels, calipers and all painted and trim surfaces. While initially most would suggest 1000.00 is high, that seems fair after considering all work.

Just remember to learn good washing and drying techniques. That way you wont need to have car detailed for some time to come. This should provide a return on your initial investment also.

Last edited by wonka12_98; 01-18-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To CQuartz Finest pricing opinions

Quick Reply: CQuartz Finest pricing opinions