Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Love bug paint prep

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Warship2k15
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16
Default Love bug paint prep

K first year in the Orlando FL area and I was wondering what paint coating,sealer or wax I should use to protect my paint??
Old 02-10-2016, 05:44 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Adding any wax or sealant or coating is better than nothing. It is however best to remove the remnants of those buggie guts quickly. Keep a small zip lock bag with some MF towels and Poorboys Bug Squash. You can transfer some to a small travel size bottle for easier travels.

As a Florida resident, trust me this product rocks !!

http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-bug-squash.html
Old 02-11-2016, 03:39 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

You are correct the slicker you keep your paint with Sealant or wax the easier they will come off however like mentioned the sooner you can get them off the better......
I like to use Waterless Wash and the Waterless Wash MF Towels.....

Advanced emulsifiers and special lubricants make our Adam's Waterless Car Wash a safe and effective way to remove light surface dust and dirt without harming your clear coat. It's the perfect choice when your access to water is limited or you just want to conserve H20.

Why Go Waterless?

Your car doesn’t always need a full bath with soap and water. Light surface dust, finger prints, or other minor surface contamination can be easily and safely removed using Adam's Waterless Car Wash. It saves water and it's quicker than a traditional wash as well! It also prolongs your wax or sealant life by using a less invasive method to clean, it can also be used in direct sunlight.

How Does it Work?

Spray Adam's Waterless Car Wash on moderately dirty finish, wipe clean with Adam's Waterless Wash Waffle Towels. Special lubricants and wetting agents encapsulate dirt, making it easy to clean the paint without damage and without water.

How is it different than Detail Spray?

Adam's Waterless Car Wash is a more effective cleaner, and has more lubricant designed to remove larger dirt particles without causing swirls. It also has no gloss enhancers, so it leaves your paint clean but not glossy. Follow Adam's Waterless Car Wash with Adam's Detail Spray to enhance the gloss!

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...wel-combo.html

Adam's Polishes is the Officially Licensed Car Care Product of Corvette & Camaro.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:20 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Adding any wax or sealant or coating is better than nothing. It is however best to remove the remnants of those buggie guts quickly. Keep a small zip lock bag with some MF towels and Poorboys Bug Squash. You can transfer some to a small travel size bottle for easier travels.

As a Florida resident, trust me this product rocks !!

http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-bug-squash.html
Exactly what I do.

Bug squash is a MUST in FL

All better

Old 02-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Warship2k15
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Here's what I'm going to use to start out.I will see if I need to adjust as I go.Thanks to everyone with there input.
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2016, 08:01 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by thoughtbetterboughtaC6
Here's what I'm going to use to start out.I will see if I need to adjust as I go.Thanks to everyone with there input.
Forget the Z

The 845 will do ya well
Old 02-16-2016, 11:23 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

When we travel to Florida I apply several coats of RejeX to the front end and mirrors. Bug guts rinse right off most of the time with very little if any scrubbing.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Detroit1
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Old School solution for just doing road trip. Have used PAM cooking spray and washed off at end of the trip. If you are Italian you can go with garlic flavor

JB

Get notified of new replies

To Love bug paint prep

Quick Reply: Love bug paint prep