Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Waterless Wash?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 09:59 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

I use the touchless car wash for my beater backup car. We have water restrictions here (drought), so we do what we have to do, and car washes recycle their water. But, for my Corvette, I'm very happy to find an alternative.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:27 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by the kid C6
I use the touchless car wash for my beater backup car. We have water restrictions here (drought), so we do what we have to do, and car washes recycle their water. But, for my Corvette, I'm very happy to find an alternative.
Environments can indeed impress on us some challenges, but knowing other safe options exist with better outcome can help. After using the Rinseless/Waterless product, you might also choose to use it on the daily driver.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:22 AM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

The Corvette is 80% my daily driver. The backup is ... well, the backup. It's 20 years old and the paint is failing. I'm afraid to polish it because the paint might rub off.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:33 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

The Corvette is 80% my daily driver. The backup is ... well, the backup. It's 20 years old and the paint is failing. I'm afraid to polish it because the paint might rub off.
Truthfully that's just the perfect canvas to test polishing upon. You will likely see many benefits and don't need to worry about damage. I have seen some well oxidized paint come back to showroom condition after polishing.
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (03-27-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 09:40 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Okay, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice! I do love my backup car; it's like an old friend.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:01 AM
Spowell637
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Zaino

Has anyone used waterless car wash on Zaino? If so were you satisfied ?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-27-2016, 09:27 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Spowell637
Has anyone used waterless car wash on Zaino? If so were you satisfied ?

Thanks in advance
Works great
Old 03-28-2016, 01:23 AM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

I was at a Dodge dealership today. The detail guy was cleaning the Viper* in the showroom. I asked him what he was using in his spray bottle, and he said it was "showroom shine." I did a 'net search and didn't see anything that looked like a match; his product was a cream color, and some of my search results looked pink. Any ideas? He wasn't using any special technique, he sort of looked like he was polishing a piece of furniture.

*The Viper in question was 2013. What happens to these high performance cars that no one buys? Are they destined to be showroom decorations until ... what? Just for contrast, the last time I was at the Chevy dealership, one of the salesman told me a story about a customer who bought a 2016 Corvette in silver ... a month later, the dealership got a 2016 Corvette in orange, and the customer decided he loved the orange, and traded. I'll bet Dodge dreams they had that customer.

Last edited by the kid C6; 03-28-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:13 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

I'm about halfway through my bottle of Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere (I'm big on spot cleaning). Before I buy another, is there a better, similar product?

I had a big gob of tree sap on my hood (the mystery is where it came from). I used the MUWWA to remove it ... is there a better way?

I wish I kept my house as clean as I keep my Corvette.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Jimnc
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 98 Posts

I'm about halfway through my bottle of Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere (I'm big on spot cleaning). Before I buy another, is there a better, similar product?

I had a big gob of tree sap on my hood (the mystery is where it came from). I used the MUWWA to remove it ... is there a better way?

I have had good success with the Meguiars waterless wash. For something stuck on like sap I would use a fine polish to spot remove then hit it with some wax or quick detail.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:28 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Many choices are offered under the "waterless and rinseless" wash products. Optimum No-Rinse is probably the most offered and a great product. Very versatile in that it can be used in several designs. Our new Wolfgang Uber Rinseless is selling well also.

As for sap ... usually I try to saturate it with something like Poorboys Bug Squash. I then lay a damp towel over the area for a couple minutes to allow the product to loosen the sap and towel keeps it from drying up. I then lightly wipe the area and re-spray as needed. If its hard you might need to move to something like Stoners Tarminator. Unfortunately sap in different environments can vary greatly.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:31 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

I was at a Dodge dealership today. The detail guy was cleaning the Viper* in the showroom. I asked him what he was using in his spray bottle, and he said it was "showroom shine." I did a 'net search and didn't see anything that looked like a match; his product was a cream color, and some of my search results looked pink. Any ideas? He wasn't using any special technique, he sort of looked like he was polishing a piece of furniture.

*The Viper in question was 2013. What happens to these high performance cars that no one buys? Are they destined to be showroom decorations until ... what? Just for contrast, the last time I was at the Chevy dealership, one of the salesman told me a story about a customer who bought a 2016 Corvette in silver ... a month later, the dealership got a 2016 Corvette in orange, and the customer decided he loved the orange, and traded. I'll bet Dodge dreams they had that customer.

Kenotec Showroom Shine

AG/Autopia has it.

Supposed to be great, so I got some to try
Old 04-28-2016, 06:16 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

please post your thoughts Ron. I looking for a couple new ( to me ) to try

Never mind-you took too long So I ordered some as well

Last edited by yamabob; 04-29-2016 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:30 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yamabob

Sorry I took so long to answer.

I haven't used it much except on my wheels so far. Incredible water shedding. Great shine

I'll be using it at a show tomorrow, so I can give you a definitive answer after that. It'll be a afternoon/evening show, so this stuff better live up to the hype.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:24 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Beautiful wheels! As long as it lasts between wash's ( like 24 hours this time of year) I'm good. Some others I'm looking at as well

Good luck at the show!!!!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:27 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Beautiful wheels! As long as it lasts between wash's ( like 24 hours this time of year) I'm good. Some others I'm looking at as well

Good luck at the show!!!!

Thanks
Old 07-15-2016, 11:36 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

I used a waterless wash on my beater backup this evening. I started out cleaning the windows, and ended up doing the whole car. The kicker? It took 10 minutes.

I think 'waterless wash' is the best invention since maybe sliced bread.

(I used the Pinnacle Liquid Crystal concentrate. I recommend that folks follow the directions, because if it's too 'strong,' it streaks like crazy.)

Get notified of new replies

To Waterless Wash?

Old 07-16-2016, 08:03 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Stuff is great !!! (kenotek showroom shine) Does a great job and seems to resist dust better than 425.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:25 AM
DC 155
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 46 Posts

The Mother's crew uses Mother's Waterless Wash and Wax on the Barrett-Jackson stage prior to the car being rolled to center stage. I watched them do a dull mid 80's Camaro at Mohegan Sun and it was impressive. My seat was right above the part of the block they were doing the wipe down on. It did make a big difference and I bought a bottle after watching them do a few cars. Mothers staff explained that it is meant to be used on almost clean cars. They example they gave is you wash the car and then go for ice cream or some other short ride and then put the car away. The next night you use the Waterless Wash & Wax before going to a cruise night because the car is fairly clean.
The following users liked this post:
the kid C6 (07-27-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 02:17 PM
KenVette57
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I use Chadwicks for waterless wash and quick detail. Easy to apply, I find partial panel at a time' If it dries it's a little difficult to remove and have to spray a little to clean it up. I get a nice deep, deep shine and great protection.

Last edited by KenVette57; 07-18-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Waterless Wash?