Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Waterless Wash?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 05:51 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by KenVette57
I use Chadwicks for waterless wash and quick detail. Easy to apply, I find partial panel at a time' If it dries it's a little difficult to remove and have to spray a little to clean it up. I get a nice deep, deep shine and great protection.
If its a little hard to remove, you might want to consider some other brands (Optimum, Ultima, Wolfgang, Duragloss, etc ...) that allow more dry time and similar gloss levels. Best part of most detailing products, there is no shortage of similar products available.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:14 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by C4Mike3758
The Mother's crew uses Mother's Waterless Wash and Wax on the Barrett-Jackson stage prior to the car being rolled to center stage. I watched them do a dull mid 80's Camaro at Mohegan Sun and it was impressive. My seat was right above the part of the block they were doing the wipe down on. It did make a big difference and I bought a bottle after watching them do a few cars. Mothers staff explained that it is meant to be used on almost clean cars. They example they gave is you wash the car and then go for ice cream or some other short ride and then put the car away. The next night you use the Waterless Wash & Wax before going to a cruise night because the car is fairly clean.
Well, I guess that settles it. I got my car back from the repair shop and it's got a thick coating of gritty dust (we have fires in the area, could be ash). I've been debating on cleaning methods. Water it is.

Last edited by the kid C6; 07-27-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Waterless Wash?