Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Car Wash

What are you guys using for car wash?

I've tried:

Megs Deep Crystal (ok for wheels)
Megs Gold Class (just ok)
Zaino (ok but not impressed for the $)
Duragloss (like this the best so far)

Anyone tried Griot's Brilliant Finish? Was thinking of giving it a shot but Duragloss is hard to top.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:31 PM
FreshMasters
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally use Gold Class.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:46 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,988 Likes on 2,480 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Adam's Car Shampoo, followed up with Adam's Detail Spray during the drying process.
The following users liked this post:
Adam's Polish (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 03:26 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

meguires....like zaino exterior products but not impressed with the car wash .
Old 04-14-2016, 06:10 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Thanks rkj4243!

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...h-shampoo.html

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo will pamper your finish with its advance luxurious conditioning formula. Just as regular oil changes keep your car’s inner workings healthy, regular exterior cleaning keeps your vehicle’s paint, trim, wheels and glass healthy and beautiful. Adam’s has the solution to your routine exterior maintenance, and it all starts with Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo!

Road grime, acid rain, pollution, insects, pollen, tar, oil and other contamination all attach to the exterior of your vehicle and begin oxidizing and etching the surface of your car. If you leave the contamination too long, it will quickly deteriorate your car’s appearance. Likewise, if you use car wash products that are too strong or inferior quality, they will also damage your car’s delicate finishes.

When used with an Adam’s Professional Wash Pad and Adam's Microfiber Drying Towel, Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo gently cleans the exterior of your car without scratching or removing your wax protection. You and your car will both love the experience, because Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo make mounds of luxurious suds, it's easy on your skin, and it smells great

Worried about the environment? So are we! That’s why our car wash shampoo is 100% biodegradable and earth friendly. Plus, we made it super concentrated to reduce the carbon footprint on packaging. A pint of our product produces more car wash suds than a gallon of the leading national brands.

Safe, effective, earth friendly and economical car wash solutions, guaranteed! That’s Adam’s.

DON’T FORGET: Regular car washing is just one important maintenance routine. Twice a year your car’s exterior needs to be thoroughly cleaned with Adam’s Detail Clay to remove bonded contamination left behind by regular washing. Adam’s Detail Clay is the smart, easy and gentle way to deep clean and smooth your car’s paint.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:16 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

There are many soaps, so often greater cleaning and others lighter. You also have some with glossing agents and even waxes built in. I still prefer a traditional soap for cleaning, one that cleans and leaves no residue. In no order ...

Duragloss, Griots, 1Z Einszett Exclusiv, Ultima, and Poorboys. I would put Optimum just behind the first 5. There are many good soaps and many price points ...

http://www.autogeek.net/washing.html
Old 04-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
There are many soaps, so often greater cleaning and others lighter. You also have some with glossing agents and even waxes built in. I still prefer a traditional soap for cleaning, one that cleans and leaves no residue. In no order ...

Duragloss, Griots, 1Z Einszett Exclusiv, Ultima, and Poorboys. I would put Optimum just behind the first 5. There are many good soaps and many price points ...

http://www.autogeek.net/washing.html
I'm with you, I don't want a soap with "wax" in it. I really like the feel Duragloss has when working with it and it suds up great, especially at the price point.

Thanks to all for the replies.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:02 AM
Broker99
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Soap performance can also depend on the condition of your water. If you have hard water like we do here in tampa you can add some ONR to the water with your favorite soap and the ONR will help condition the water
Old 04-16-2016, 11:13 AM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 619 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by FreshMasters
I personally use Gold Class.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Broker99
Soap performance can also depend on the condition of your water. If you have hard water like we do here in tampa you can add some ONR to the water with your favorite soap and the ONR will help condition the water
I do this now. To be honest I'm not sure I can tell much difference. This summer I'm going to do some testing with and without to see if I can tell for sure.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:18 PM
olbear1962
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Am a dura gloss fan for sure!! Amazing products at a fair price.
I do use Menzerna polishes for detailing cleaning/polishing and I love C-Magic detail spray

Get notified of new replies

To Car Wash

Quick Reply: Car Wash