Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Most dust repellent wax or detail type spray??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 02:23 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts
Default Most dust repellent wax or detail type spray??

Now that it's getting dry and dusty, I'm on a mission to find a coating (wax, sealant or detail type spray) that doesn't attracts or actually helps repel fine dust. My biggest problem is our daily drivers get a light coating of dirt dust from a field across the road when it gets windy. The vertical door panels have just as much dust as the hood and roof.

I'm not sure if it is a static electricity issue causing the dust attraction or the actual cars surface. One of my kids suggested using Static Guard on a towel and wiping the car down to stop the static, LOL. But who knows, maybe she's onto something.

Any advice or products that might help? I'm not concerned with the ultimate in shine or long lasting protection...these aren't trailer queen show cars but are very well taken care of daily drivers.

TIA
Old 05-01-2016, 08:21 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

One of the more popular detail sprays we sell is one from Finishkare, called 425. It has an anti-static ingredient built into it. It wont stop dust and dirt altogether, but it does appear to slow it. Best part, it actually looks very good also and very easy to use with no real streaking.

I am not sure of any waxes specifically that offer this feature. What I would share is that traditional 'nuba waxes contain oils which may attract dust. I would consider only paint sealants (synthetic waxes) like Rejex as one option, or a coating. Both will not attract and capture dust.
The following users liked this post:
TrackAire (05-02-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I've had good luck with Zaino Z6. It seems like dust doesn't attract so much with it. The car will still get dusty, just seems like it's not as much.
TrackAire (05-02-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 11:41 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I did a little search on our site for anti-static products .... here's what I found:

http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/...atic&x=35&y=21
Old 05-04-2016, 12:59 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

i feel zaino z8 tends to reduce dust accumulation on vette we leave uncovered in summer time .
Old 05-04-2016, 01:27 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Blackfire Wet Diamond topped with Prima Hydro Max. 2 weeks ( she's always parked outside), and absolutely no dust or pollen.

Disclaimer; It has now rained for 2 straight weeks-while the above combination appears to be extremely effective at reducing dust and pollen-it has proven to be equally effective at reducing sunshine. If you live in a low lying area use with caution
Killrwheels@Autogeek (05-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 02:39 PM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 355 Likes on 220 Posts

I've been using Chadwick's Triple Play for the last two years. Very happy with it...

Get notified of new replies

To Most dust repellent wax or detail type spray??

Quick Reply: Most dust repellent wax or detail type spray??