Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Water that is hard as a rock and I am lazy. Whats my best solution. :) Be nice

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 12:01 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Water that is hard as a rock and I am lazy. Whats my best solution. :) Be nice

So I ask to be nice on an open forum that can bring the keyboard warrior out of some but what the heck flame suit on. BTW love you guys LOL

Anyways heres the deal. Moved in December and bought the car during the same time frame. New house is on a well. My first washing experience resulted in me spending 3+ hours detailing each panel after the first wash due to the fact my water essentially left "chalk" on the whole car. I have never experienced water spotting to this magnitude. After a quick trip to my friends here on CF I went out and bought a foam canon, soap , and some ONR. Well needless to say I have not used the canon but with another of my cars I used about a capful of the ONR with my regular wash and it helped. I want to buy a reverse osmosis system but not ready to spend $500 on one, I am also tired of giving the local wash $45 to clean a car that really isn't that dirty. I am a simple guy. Soap in a bucket, wash car, rinse, use wifes softest towel to dry. LOL None of this will change what I am looking for here in a recommendation on products. Is there a perfect soap that with ONR eliminates a majority of spots after rinsing? I do appreciate you reading and responses so thanks.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:44 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Before washing make sure surface is cool first. A little ONR is a great addition to the wash water. Try flooding the car to remove more water. Use an electric leaf blower or get a Master Blaster to remove the bulk of water. The little droplets that are left should not spot. You could also use a QD as a drying aid with a microfiber drying towel
Old 05-23-2016, 05:39 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Using a foam gun will help you put a layer of soap on your paint this will help with your hard water, our shampoo is PH balanced so it is safer than your water.
Also after rinsing your car spray it down with Detail Spray before drying this to will aid with your hard water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2MQ...ature=youtu.be

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specia...-foam-gun.html

Last edited by Adam's Polish; 05-23-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Dan040286
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

What about a good waterless wash? That would cut down on the $45 washes
Old 05-23-2016, 08:24 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

1 ounce of ONR in your wash bucket ....has water softner built in !

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html
Old 05-23-2016, 09:45 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan040286
What about a good waterless wash? That would cut down on the $45 washes
This is my suggestion, as well. I've lived with hard water, and it's awful. I'd avoid using it on my car, and go with the waterless washes. I've used Meguiar's and been pleased, and Pinnacle Liquid Crystal has also been recommended.

I think Tracy might be dusty -- maybe you need a car cover, too?
Old 05-23-2016, 10:53 PM
tony58
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Two gal. Distilled water in bucket with ONR.Light spray with Optimum spray wax,waffle weave dry...Love my OPTIMUM...

Last edited by tony58; 05-23-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:27 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Bamn you guys rock. Thank you. Tracy is definitely dusty but 2 arces and a bunch of gravel is even worse lol. I have a cover for my cover. LOL Thanks everyone for the feedback. Much appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
tony58 (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 09:11 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

I have hard water here as well. I wash my cars in the evening when there is shade on my driveway. If you can find a time of day where there is shade, that would be your best bet. Hard water and sun don't play nice together.

Get notified of new replies

To Water that is hard as a rock and I am lazy. Whats my best solution. :) Be nice

Quick Reply: Water that is hard as a rock and I am lazy. Whats my best solution. :) Be nice