Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

McKee 37 Tire Coating-Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 05:18 PM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Default McKee 37 Tire Coating-Review

Well I don't have pics as I left my camera-or is that phone at work. I will though
I received the 4 oz bottle and set about the task of cleaning the rubber. It is highly recommended bu AG to use the McKee tire cleaner and rejuvenator. I did not have this,but will. In the mean time lets see how it does.
I washed the tires with my heavy duty cleaner till I saw no sign of bloom left on the tire ( 4 times). I let the tires dry well. I used an inexpensive paint brush to apply and it worked quiet well. Since one side was in the sun, I did that side first. Here is some serious advice. Do NOT apply in the sun! It flash's way to quickly and after the first couple coats I was very disappointed. I ended up with 4 coats on that side to get the effect I was after. 2 coats on the shady side yielded fantastic results-better than the sunny side.
I don't like my tires real glossy looking. You can add levels of gloss by adding more coats. The have a little more that a matte sheen to them which I think looks more natural.It is very even on the shady side.
This coating seems to bond into the tire and not just sit on the surface. Very dry to the touch. Another plus.
Even though i did not yet follow the directions-I am more than pleased with the outcome. Time to see how long it last's before I start and do the correct way. I have enough to do the tires several more times with 2-4 coats. At this juncture I would give this product a big thumbs up
The following 3 users liked this post by yamabob:
Killrwheels@Autogeek (07-03-2016), ronkh57 (07-03-2016), Yaupon (07-03-2016)
Old 07-03-2016, 11:08 AM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Cool review. Thanks. I haven't used the Mckees yet. Still have plenty of the DP. Stuff works good.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:26 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

The McKee Tire Gloss product offers a couple of looks depending upon the application. I find it is actually bright and a hint glossy with one application using a form tire applicator. If you go back and rewipe the tire with the same applicator (no more product) it takes off the sheen and makes it more matte in application. It does appear to dry and soak in over a couple of minutes. Interesting is that after a rain or puddles, the tires stay darker and black versus the browning tires often display.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:24 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 743 Likes on 471 Posts

Mini update.
Well it's only been a week but here are second thoughts. It has been thru 2 washings ( just some Duragloss 901 mixed with a cap of ONR), and 3 days of rain. Tire's look and feel new. There is absolutely no residue on the tire. I really like the clean look. If dirt bounds to the tire,it is easily removed by just soap and water. Yesterday, I think was the first time in a long time that I admired the look of the tire. So far really liking this product. To be continued.....
Old 07-11-2016, 10:15 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Cool

Thanks for the update

Get notified of new replies

To McKee 37 Tire Coating-Review

Quick Reply: McKee 37 Tire Coating-Review