Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Slickest spray wax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Blew by you
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slickest spray wax?

Who makes the slickest, want the towel to fall off the car slick spray wax.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:55 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Zaino Z8 Grand Finale. Very slippery surface when you use this and a wet looking shine.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Zaino Z8 is da bomb.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:32 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Blew by you
Who makes the slickest, want the towel to fall off the car slick spray wax.
why slickest, if I may ask ??? Often times product slickness is due to silicones which aren't always the best ingredient to use on paint. Perhaps you are looking more for extreme gloss ?? Cleaning ability ??? Anti-static ability ??? Lack of streaking ??? Long term protection ??? Ease of application ???

http://www.autogeek.net/quickdetail.html

Many products exist ...slickness often can also be attributed to properly clayed and polished paint meaning no contaminants to grip or grab. The sealant, coating, and/or spray will just add to it then.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Blew by you
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I clay bar, use a cleaner wax, a polish and just can't seem to get that super slick slipper finish others I have felt have, just a desire to have a super slick finish.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Well I clay bar, use a cleaner wax, a polish and just can't seem to get that super slick slipper finish others I have felt have, just a desire to have a super slick finish.
Just curious if you are using a buffer or not? I tried to detail mine by hand and had no luck getting scratches and such out. After buffing she felt like a baby's butt.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:40 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Perhaps I can help and sorry in advance if I misunderstood from above ... there is some overlap here with a Cleaner Wax (AIO) and a polish. A cleaner wax is an All-In-One product with cleaners, polishing agents, and protection in one product. It is often used by those wanting a one step product. A polish, at least by definition, is an abrasive polish with no protection. Polishes are used to abrade the surface to remove marring, swirls, and prep for a wax.

Now I will admit these terms are sometimes used openly to try and make a product stand out.

What I would suggest is changing up your process a bit. Wash, Clay, Polish or Cleanse Paint, and then protect. If you are looking for a slick feeling paint sealant and it doesn't have to be a brand name, look to a product called Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection. If you do a search on any detailing forum you will find that almost everyone that has used it is enamored with it. Its easy to apply, easy to remove, protects very well, looks gorgeous, and slick. Then each week or so when you wash, consider using a spray wax booster like Prima Hydro Max or McKee's 37 Fast Wax. Duragloss Aquawax is equally as impressive.

Let me know if I can help more ....

Get notified of new replies

To Slickest spray wax?

Quick Reply: Slickest spray wax?