Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Prepping car for a show.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 04:03 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Bump

How'd you do?

Pics?
Old 08-18-2016, 04:31 PM
1996Z15
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Believe it or not, I neglected to take pictures of my own damn car but, took some of the cars that caught my eye at the show.
I was in the Corvette class (of course) which was broken down by generations. The C3 class was then broken into two smaller groups; chrome bumper cars and rubber bumper cars.
There were only three chrome bumper cars so I received the third place ribbon. Considering there were only three cars in my group it may not seem like much of an accomplishment but, I am still very happy with the award.
The Poorboy's stuff did a nice job of making my paint pop; I still need much more practice before I will be 100% happy with the finish.
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (08-18-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 08:00 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by 1996Z15
Believe it or not, I neglected to take pictures of my own damn car but, took some of the cars that caught my eye at the show.
I was in the Corvette class (of course) which was broken down by generations. The C3 class was then broken into two smaller groups; chrome bumper cars and rubber bumper cars.
There were only three chrome bumper cars so I received the third place ribbon. Considering there were only three cars in my group it may not seem like much of an accomplishment but, I am still very happy with the award.
The Poorboy's stuff did a nice job of making my paint pop; I still need much more practice before I will be 100% happy with the finish.
Cool ! Congrats on ribbon.

As you do it more, it gets easier, and you get quicker and know what the stuff will do, and how.

My sons C3

Old 08-25-2016, 09:30 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Find out if you can get a copy of the score sheet. My club makes them available. This way you can concentrate on the areas you were weak in and work on those areas. You can only go up now. Congrats. Well done

Clif
Old 08-25-2016, 09:44 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Find out if you can get a copy of the score sheet. My club makes them available. This way you can concentrate on the areas you were weak in and work on those areas. You can only go up now. Congrats. Well done

Clif
Old 08-28-2016, 02:17 PM
1996Z15
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I asked to get a copy but, was told that they do not offer them to participants. I would be interested in knowing where my car was lacking. I do realize that it lost 10 points right from the start due to the aftermarket rims and tires.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:12 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

I asked to get a copy but, was told that they do not offer them to participants. I would be interested in knowing where my car was lacking. I do realize that it lost 10 points right from the start due to the aftermarket rims and tires.
Thats BS . They should have an option for a mailout on the registration. How else are suppose to improve if you dont know whats wrong? Anyway Good Job

Clif
Old 08-29-2016, 05:40 PM
JoeD-C8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

My main state show does offer a mail out feedback form and all you do is pre address an envelope.

Only thing you need to know is there are plenty of detailers out there. You ARE competing against professionals. Take satisfaction knowing that you did it yourself. I got beat by a guy that could barely walk (me someday) and I know he didn't do the undercarriage crawling around on the ground himself. You are going to be competing against garage queens that only go from show to show. Plus judging is pretty subjective, take pride in your accomplishment! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Prepping car for a show.....