Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 ???

Old 08-20-2016, 09:41 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 ???

Got a few questions about this particular product

I've used things like 3M Finesse II / Pinnacle Advance Swirl Polish / Blackfire Finishing Polish

Is this more aggressive swirl remover that those ?

Now I'm working on my Wife's (new to her) 2014 Mustang (black) that has the standard car wash swirl marks, but also a few more that are just a bit deeper (but not deep enough to feel with your fingernail)

Using a Porter Cable 7424XP and a handful of new Lake Country pads (Yellow / Orange / Pink / White / Green / and Black), I'm looking for a new product that is a little more aggressive.

I don't think it's enough for an all out Compound / Finishing polish

Suggestions ?
Old 08-20-2016, 10:01 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Wolfgang polishes is a two-step process with a swirl remover and a finishing polish. The Total Swirl Remover would be a medium abrasive product. Generally speaking, polishes range from light (finishing) to aggressive (compound). Swirl Removers generally fall in the middle. Wolfgang was designed to be effective in this range also.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:04 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

ok, thanks
Old 08-25-2016, 09:24 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Ive never had much success with the 3.0 and have had to get more aggressive . An orange pad and turtlewax white compound with the porter 7424 r o b has worked for me. Your problem is its a black car. Youve got to know when to stop. Black is a b..ch

Clif
Old 08-25-2016, 05:36 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
Ive never had much success with the 3.0 and have had to get more aggressive . An orange pad and turtlewax white compound with the porter 7424 r o b has worked for me. Your problem is its a black car. Youve got to know when to stop. Black is a b..ch

Clif
Sounds like you might be using it wrong. 3.0 is actually a 3-step process with a traditional swirl remover (Total Swirl Remover), Finishing Glaze (finishing polish), and sealant.

Most paints need to have a traditional swirl remover or compound used first to remove swirls, oxidation, and marring. Once the paint has been cleaned up you then move to the finishing glaze to amp up gloss and reflection. It will remove only light marring, again its for finishing and just prior to protection.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:41 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Sounds like you might be using it wrong. 3.0 is actually a 3-step process with a traditional swirl remover (Total Swirl Remover), Finishing Glaze (finishing polish), and sealant.

Most paints need to have a traditional swirl remover or compound used first to remove swirls, oxidation, and marring. Once the paint has been cleaned up you then move to the finishing glaze to amp up gloss and reflection. It will remove only light marring, again its for finishing and just prior to protection.
Got it

Clif

Get notified of new replies

To Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 ???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 ???