Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

this section of forum blows my mind!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2016, 04:11 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

Default this section of forum blows my mind!!!!!!!!

about ten years ago you guys taught me about zaino and i'm quite pleased with it . was reading here again and found comments about 1] uber ceramic ''sealer'' 2] rinseless wash 3] waterless wash now i'm REALLY CONFUSED . the uber is really costly and apparently has to be done with buffer so , while intriguing , it's pretty much ruled out [ no buffer] . the car washes confuse me , the waterless is apparently like a thick quick detailer and the rinseless is mixed in three gallons of water . i bought a waterless wash about five years ago from ''killerwheels'' and it is still in garage as i'm afraid to use it . one or the other wash product would be nice because i'm [ to repeat myself] 77 years old and am wearying of washing daily driver in drive at 25 degrees 4 or 5 months a year . we had blacktop and sun would heat it up to rid it of ice but last year put in concrete and ice now lasts a long time . daily driver gets really dirty sometimes in winter but her two c5 vettes get driven less than 300 miles a year so washing them with either product should not be a problem . the rinseless should probably be used on daily driver but do i then have to mop three gallons of water off the epoxyed garage floor . fingers tired so thanks for anticipated comments . . peace
Old 08-22-2016, 04:33 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

product i have in garage is ''d p 4in1'' and i'm hesitant to try it . one of the currently advertised products says '' can restore the natural oils your paint once had, '' and another '' encapsulates the dirt '' , both are terrific advertising but i'm doubtful about statements . read a bunch today and don't remember what products had those statements . . peace
Old 08-22-2016, 04:47 PM
pgp
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are new products, this old thread might answer some questions.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...less-wash.html
Old 08-22-2016, 04:51 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcypress
product i have in garage is ''d p 4in1'' and i'm hesitant to try it . one of the currently advertised products says '' can restore the natural oils your paint once had, '' and another '' encapsulates the dirt '' , both are terrific advertising but i'm doubtful about statements . read a bunch today and don't remember what products had those statements . . peace

If you ask your questions one at a time we may be able to help guide you through the maze.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:48 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Let me try and answer the two main themes offered ...

1. Rinseless Wash --- This product was designed for those in water restricted areas, apartments, and those with light dirt on well kept cars. This product is a wash product that can be made into a spray (like a quick detailer) or a rinseless wash used in a bucket. The rinseless option is great for light washes when care is used. The ingredients are far different than a traditional quick detailer. I find that a combination of a spray to presoak and rinseless wash with two buckets is best. You will want several nice soft MF towels and can study the process with several videos online.

2. Ceramic Coatings (Uber) --- A coating is protection for paint like a wax or sealant. A coating lasts 10x's longer than any wax and most sealants. It doesn't need a buffer to apply, it is applied by hand. A coating has no cleaners or polishes, so you want to clean and prep paint first. (this is where the buffer comes in). If paint is in good condition you can prep the paint with a cleaning lotion (applied by hand) and then the coating. The cool part of the coating is that you only have to buff off the excess. No heavy buffing. Even if you choose to wipe every panel after its application, you wont see any sore elbows. A light even wipe.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:09 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Most of those washes could be performed in your garage so you don't have to brave the sloped driveway, unless you have a slippery floor?

Just a thought.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:23 AM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

I used Opticoat Gloss. It lasts about a year. And because it's so easy, I still use Zaino's Z-CS Wipe On Walk Away sealant after every wash. Takes about 10 minutes.

Interesting Idea. I knew a guy who lives in Maiine and had a barn as his workshop. He made furniture in the barn and needed to be able to work in the frigid winter months. So before he laid concrete in the barn he ran water pipes, set up a water tank and pump to circulate the water and used solar panels to heat the water. Then poured the concrete.

Using this method he was able to keep the concrete a nice and warm 60 degrees during the winter time.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:54 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

tried the ''two bucket'' method in driveway this morning . less messy than anticipated and can see doing it in garage . about the ''slippery floor'' comment , thanks i will be cautious when washing in garage this winter . lastly , truth is it felt really weird without the hose . . . peace

Get notified of new replies

To this section of forum blows my mind!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: this section of forum blows my mind!!!!!!!!