Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Final buffing

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:49 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Default Final buffing

I usually buff my car by hand but i was wondering if tjere is a pad or cloth i can use with my porter 7424 that would bring the shine up more. I have wolfgang glaze and souvernan wax on it thanks

Clif
Old 08-25-2016, 11:54 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
I usually buff my car by hand but i was wondering if tjere is a pad or cloth i can use with my porter 7424 that would bring the shine up more. I have wolfgang glaze and souvernan wax on it thanks

Clif
I have not hand buffed my black cars by hand for years due to the uneven product removal that hand buffing can result in. What I would recommend is to get several micro-fiberbonnets from Autogeek and stretch them over a clean pad on your PC 7424. I like to remove product at about a #4 speed and change MF bonnets frequently or just turn them inside out. Using the bonnets does a great job of an even product removal. As a final step you could use a plush MF towel is you want to get into all the nooks and crannies. For a show car shine I will sometimes use Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba spray wax over the paste Souveran.

Last edited by cmonkey713; 08-25-2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:01 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

To do a "jeweling" polish, I would start with a black lc pad, maybe red.

All my removal is done by hand with quality micro.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:33 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif

Clif
No cloth or pad will add gloss. The said, a MF bonnet can be used with your buffer to help remove the polish.

The finishing glaze, actually a finishing polish, and a light foam pad will help more in bringing up gloss and reflection. It should be used on well kept or just polished paint.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:02 PM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You can start with a black pad to get the feel for it, but it won't do any real polishing work. Vettes have very hard clear coats so you'll need an orange cutting pad to get any decent correction out of it. Then you can follow up with a white pad to polish or wax. Usually black soft pads are for waxing with an orbital.

Ask Killer for any products and polsihes to go with those pads I mentioned, he'll know.

Get notified of new replies

To Final buffing

Quick Reply: Final buffing