Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Bought some Finish Kare 425 and...

Old 08-31-2016, 10:06 AM
camburger
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Bought some Finish Kare 425 and...

Read the instructions to spray on and wipe off using a clean microfiber towel. Simple enough but it leaves me with a question. Wiped it off as instructed, and used another clean dry MF towel to buff it dry. First towel gets pretty moist after very little use, and second towel shows signs of it also getting that way in a fairly short time. So am I to presume this is going to be a MF towel eater if I do my entire car? Lots of MF towels just to do a light dusting/buffing seems excessive. Enlighten me a little so I understand better what the expected MF usage should be.

Thanks

Bob
Old 08-31-2016, 10:26 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

How much are you spraying on? I fold a 16" micro and use one side to wipe it around and the back side to buff. I can do a whole vette with just one towel.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:39 AM
camburger
Pro

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
How much are you spraying on? I fold a 16" micro and use one side to wipe it around and the back side to buff. I can do a whole vette with just one towel.
Well I spritz a few times without necessarily soaking down the surface. Seems like a reasonable amount without getting crazy with it.

Thanks

Bob
Old 08-31-2016, 07:29 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by camburger
Read the instructions to spray on and wipe off using a clean microfiber towel. Simple enough but it leaves me with a question. Wiped it off as instructed, and used another clean dry MF towel to buff it dry. First towel gets pretty moist after very little use, and second towel shows signs of it also getting that way in a fairly short time. So am I to presume this is going to be a MF towel eater if I do my entire car? Lots of MF towels just to do a light dusting/buffing seems excessive. Enlighten me a little so I understand better what the expected MF usage should be.

Thanks

Bob
Fk425 is a detail spray, perhaps a quick detailer +, not really a spray wax. You should not need any real buffing. You can use it on wet paint (while drying) or on dry paint.

You spritz each panel once or twice, covering lightly, wipe with a towel lightly, and then flip and re-wipe to remove any leftover.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:52 AM
camburger
Pro

Okay, I understand. I guess I used way to much on my first attempt. I went back out this morning and did as suggested. Just a light spritz once or twice per panel and one MF towel was adequate. Car looks so good and that's looking at it in my garage...sunshine should make it even better.

Thanks

Bob
The following users liked this post:
Killrwheels@Autogeek (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 10:40 AM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

I use it mainly for drying off the car after washing. It really reduces surface friction. Spritz on over the remaining water and wipe off with your favorite drying towel.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:30 PM
chasboland
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
I use it mainly for drying off the car after washing. It really reduces surface friction. Spritz on over the remaining water and wipe off with your favorite drying towel.
same here, does a great job leaving a glossy streak free finish when drying.
Awesome product, smells great too.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:22 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by camburger
Okay, I understand. I guess I used way to much on my first attempt. I went back out this morning and did as suggested. Just a light spritz once or twice per panel and one MF towel was adequate. Car looks so good and that's looking at it in my garage...sunshine should make it even better.

Thanks

Bob
No issue at all ...that is the true benefit of a forum. Ask questions and congrats on giving it another chance. Its a very good detail spray, and really inexpensive for its quality and anti-static ingredient.

Would love to see some pic's and possible review as you continue to get used to Fk425.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:55 PM
camburger
Pro

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
No issue at all ...that is the true benefit of a forum. Ask questions and congrats on giving it another chance. Its a very good detail spray, and really inexpensive for its quality and anti-static ingredient.

Would love to see some pic's and possible review as you continue to get used to Fk425.
Well I took a few photos this morning. Hopefully this one will show off my fresh FK425 treatment.

Bob

The following 2 users liked this post by camburger:
Killrwheels@Autogeek (09-02-2016), ronkh57 (09-04-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Bought some Finish Kare 425 and...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought some Finish Kare 425 and...