Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Foam Cannor+Power washer opinions needed. Easiest & fastest cleaning plan ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 04:46 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Foam Cannor+Power washer opinions needed. Easiest & fastest cleaning plan ideas?

Hi All.
Thank you for all the great information in this sub forum.

I'm looking for the Easiest and Fastest "program" (regiment) for keeping my car clean in between professional waxes.

Also looking for waxing/sealant help from a forum buddy, or a professional, in lower Bucks County, Pennsylvania area.

I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for washing cars.
So, this is my beginning of my shopping list, but I'm looking for suggestions and advice:

Generac 6602 gas power washer that variable between 2,000-3,100psi

https://www.amazon.com/Generac-6602-.../dp/B00IEO8BAK

DUSICHIN DUS-003 3000 PSI High Pressure Washer Gun, M22 Thread, Snow Foam Lance, Snow Foam Cannon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3V0XY0I1N8OZ5

Chemical Guys CWS_110 Honeydew Snow Foam Car Wash Soap and Cleanser

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...DSF16SJTX9P6WH

-OR-

Duragloss 902 Car Wash Concentrate - 1 Gallon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited by 16sedanSS; 09-17-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 122 Posts

Those are all. I've units and I have a foam
Cannon that attaches to my power washer, however I also have the Adam's foam gun that goes on the end of a high quality hose. I would give that a try first before spending all that money. I actually end up using my Adams foam gun because it's quicker and covers almost as good as my foam cannon. Make sure you get two buckets with grit guards and very good quality wash mitts. Lambs wool works great. Drying is where you will get most of your swirl marks unless you are just using a single bucket without grit guards. Use a good quality micro fiber drying towel or something like the master blaster. I use that and works awesome but expensive. Good luck!!
Old 09-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

Sorry fat fingers. Those are all good quality units is what I meant to type!!
Old 09-17-2016, 09:04 PM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The flow and pressure of the pressure washer is more than needed.

Electric pressure washers are more convenient to use than gas.

Match the flow/pressure requirements of the foam canon to the pressure washer. MTM is a very popular foam canon and comes in 2 versions geared to electric vs gas pressure washers. Adams sells one that seems to work well with both types of pressure washers.

Your 1st chemical choice is OK...better stuff is available.

2-bucket with Grit Guards is an excellent suggestion. Also consider "Garry Dean Method".

Use only high quality wash mitts/pads, microfiber towels...

The Master Blaster is expensive...and highly regarded. (Someday I'll own one!) If using a towel, use a detail spray as a drying aid.

There are several websites that contain a wealth of information. Adams, Auto Geek, Chemical Guys... I use Adams products and follow their site closely, it narrows down the choices which really helps seeing the forest among all the trees!
Old 09-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

LT1 save your pennies and get a master blaster it's worth every penny. I have the 8hp and it works awesome. It's very loud though and my neighbors think I'm nuts but you won't find a swirl mark anywhere!!
Old 09-18-2016, 04:19 AM
16sedanSS
Instructor

I'm looking for EASY.
Minimal effort and time.
I was hoping to just use the foam cannon, then the power washer to rinse.

If I have to physically rub on the paint, is there any recommended long handle brush attachments for the power washer, or simple paint friendly long handle brushes that are recommended?

Thanks.

A forum search showed this was recommended, but it would be hard for me to pay $120 for a brush.

https://www.amazon.com/Montana-Origi.../dp/B001B12TBA

Last edited by 16sedanSS; 09-18-2016 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:43 AM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

If you want easy take it to a car wash if you want safe you'll need to do the two bucket wash as we recommended. Just using a foam cannon and power washer will remove some
Of the dust but your paint will not be clean. Enjoy the time with your baby. If you're physically not able or in an area where you can't use a lot of water then Optimum No Rinse is a great alternative and it works awesome providing you do it right. Lots of clean micro fibers per panel and dry. Some guys that's all they ever use.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:29 AM
LT1xL82
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Streetrod782 pretty much said it as it is.

It sounds like you want a "touchless" wash using the pressure washer. Some commercial car washes do this. The results are mediocre and they use some pretty harsh chemicals in the process. I don't believe this approach will be successful for you.

In keeping with Street's suggestion, read up on "Waterless" and "Rinseless". As long as your car is not really dirty, these approaches are considered safe and effective. Rinseless being safer than waterless. In the event the car is too dirty for either, blast it with a garden hose or the wand at a coin-op and then do a risnseless wash.

Short of having someone else do the work, waterless and rinseless are about as easy as it gets.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:48 AM
16sedanSS
Instructor

Thank you for the replies.

Any advice on long handle brushes?

A forum search showed this brush was recommended, but it would be hard for me to pay $120 for a brush.

https://www.amazon.com/Montana-Origi.../dp/B001B12TBA

Especially when something like this is available for $20:
https://www.amazon.com/Carrand-93111...TQSSQZ7AHQFNNA

Last edited by 16sedanSS; 09-19-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:45 AM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

Adam's has square wash mitts that are awesome. They hold a ton of soap and clean well. Get the two pack and use one for the upper half of the car and use the second on the lower half of the car which tends to be dirtier. No need to pay that much for a brush. Just my opinion.
The following users liked this post:
Adam's Polish (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 10:27 AM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Check out this video of our New Foam Cannon......It works great!

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specia...ar-washer.html

Old 09-19-2016, 06:18 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

Adams-

Thanks for posting.
GREAT video.

I went with the foam cannon from Amazon because it INCLUDES an ADDITIONAL gun that is very short compared to the long OEM gun, and it has quick connects.
This way, I can use the OEM long standard gun that comes with the power washer to wet, and rinse the car.
Then, I can use the quick connects to easily swap out the cannon gun with the short barrel to foam the car, then easily swap back to the OEM long gun to rinse the car off.

Getting 2 complete guns, and the ability to easily swap out between them, without having to remove the bottle when I want to run straight water, seemed like a no brainer to me.
Not to mention, this gun is specifically designed for 3,000psi power washers like the one I ordered.

How about a great car brush to wash the entire car, that's as good as the Montana, but not $120 ????

Last edited by 16sedanSS; 09-19-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:21 PM
16sedanSS
Instructor

I really want to buy a brush that I can wash my car exterior with, especially in the cold winter.
But, I'm finding it very hard to pay $120 for a BRUSH, when they're $10 brushes that look to do the same thing.
I'd like to buy a good premium brush, but is there a premium brush that isn't ridiculously marked up?
Thanks.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:52 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

While a pressure cleaner and foam gun is not necessary, you certainly can go that route for washing. It is important to study good washing and drying techniques to avoid swirls in paint. That will lead to the need for polishing or professional repair.

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

I am not sure why you would consider a wax or sealant for protection if you are looking for the greatest and fastest long term protection. There is only one answer, a ceramic based coating. Many exist, and one like Wolfgang Uber Coating is very easy to apply. You will see long term, over a year even longer, with one application.

http://www.autogeek.net/car-paint-gl...-coatings.html

Finally ... I am not a fan of using brushes on paint. That said, if you choose too you should consider Boar's Hair. Montana is known for the best of brushes in automotive settings. Just like lambs wool mitts and other natural based products in car care, you will need to study its care and storage.

http://www.autogeek.net/apbrus.html

Give us a call if you need more help. Autogeek is the longest forum supporter here at Corvetteforum, we all provide forum and service long after the sale. We want you to be happy and consider us for all your detailing needs. We also offer a full time price match guarantee in case we failed to offer the best price.

Get notified of new replies

To Foam Cannor+Power washer opinions needed. Easiest & fastest cleaning plan ideas?

Quick Reply: Foam Cannor+Power washer opinions needed. Easiest & fastest cleaning plan ideas?