Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Wolfgang products

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 07:47 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 383 Likes on 307 Posts

Default Wolfgang products

Scott
Awhile back I mentioned that I didn't have a lot of success with wolfgang 3.0. You said it was a 3 step process. Can u elaborate/

Clif
Old 09-20-2016, 09:05 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
Scott
Awhile back I mentioned that I didn't have a lot of success with wolfgang 3.0. You said it was a 3 step process. Can u elaborate/

Clif
Wolfgang was originally designed as the best ingredients German Car Care has to offer. The main product was the paint sealant. The product has been updated three main times thus the 3.0 designation. In the current incarnation, there were two polishes designed to work with the sealant to provide an outstanding finish. The two polishes, TSR (Total Swirl Remover) and FG (Finishing Glaze) help support those that want to use one line.

TSR is a swirl remover, a medium grade polish if you will, that works with ok to average paint to help remove swirls and marring as well as oxidation. The Finishing Glaze is not your traditional glaze in design, its a finishing polish meant to amp up gloss and reflection. You can vary each polishes ability while using different abrasive pads. I have found they work extremely well with Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads as an example.

Now please note, there is a complete line of Wolfgang products from washing to metal polishes. All were designed to meet and compete against the German brands while sticking to our owners original desire for friendly product that are user friendly. Recently one of the easiest to apply and remove coatings has been introduced under the Wolfgang name. The line continues to be enhanced and expanded when appropriate.

http://www.autogeek.net/wococarca.html

If you visit the page you will see a dvd offering from Mike Phillips to support the products. If you visit the page there is a 50+ minute video imbedded in it to help before considering the dvd as desired.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:50 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Wolfgang was originally designed as the best ingredients German Car Care has to offer. The main product was the paint sealant. The product has been updated three main times thus the 3.0 designation. In the current incarnation, there were two polishes designed to work with the sealant to provide an outstanding finish. The two polishes, TSR (Total Swirl Remover) and FG (Finishing Glaze) help support those that want to use one line.

TSR is a swirl remover, a medium grade polish if you will, that works with ok to average paint to help remove swirls and marring as well as oxidation. The Finishing Glaze is not your traditional glaze in design, its a finishing polish meant to amp up gloss and reflection. You can vary each polishes ability while using different abrasive pads. I have found they work extremely well with Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads as an example.

Now please note, there is a complete line of Wolfgang products from washing to metal polishes. All were designed to meet and compete against the German brands while sticking to our owners original desire for friendly product that are user friendly. Recently one of the easiest to apply and remove coatings has been introduced under the Wolfgang name. The line continues to be enhanced and expanded when appropriate.

http://www.autogeek.net/wococarca.html

If you visit the page you will see a dvd offering from Mike Phillips to support the products. If you visit the page there is a 50+ minute video imbedded in it to help before considering the dvd as desired.
Thank you. I have slight swirls nothing that can be felt with the fingernail and no contaminates on the paint. In which order do you suggest I proceed with the product

Clif
The following users liked this post:
Killrwheels@Autogeek (09-21-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 05:14 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by z06clif
Thank you. I have slight swirls nothing that can be felt with the fingernail and no contaminates on the paint. In which order do you suggest I proceed with the product

Clif
A finishing polish is really not designed for swirl removing, even light faint scratches. I would use TSR and vary the pad as needed. Normally start with a light abrasive pad, then move more abrasive only as needed. I would then followup with FG and a light finishing pad to really amp up the gloss.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:10 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Thanks

Clif
Old 09-22-2016, 06:22 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Cannot wait to hear the final results .... if time permits, let us know the buffer and pads of choice. Perhaps some hints can help with them also.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:45 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Cannot wait to hear the final results .... if time permits, let us know the buffer and pads of choice. Perhaps some hints can help with them also.
Waitimg for the paint prep
Clif

Get notified of new replies

To Wolfgang products

Quick Reply: Wolfgang products