Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Help with getting clear coat scratches out { Updated }

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 11:45 AM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfie1961
Must be another one of those second rate corner lot detailers. How is it detailing the soccer mom minivans and trophy wife cars?
let me know when you guys want to know what it's like in the big league. It's too bad that you guys don't want to hear tips from some of the legends in the industry (not me, but those that I've learned from). I'd love to be another way, but it seems that you guys have your clique and don't want to hear different ways of doing things.

You came out of your safe place to post that ?!?!?!?!?! WOW
Seems I struck a nerve.....

First of all Junior... I detail for passion, not profit. But it is disheartening seeing you berate people for their accomplishments while seemingly you have none of your own, and have to live off your father in laws.....

Go back to his basement now please.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:56 AM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

yes you did. I dislike amateurs attacking things they know nothing about.
I came here with another way that's done by real detailers only to be attacked.
I figured I could help someone out. But I didn't realize that you guys have your clique.
So have at it.
So here's some of my accomplishments I have on my phon if you need that. I don't have the wife's old showcar on my phone.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:04 PM
wolfie1961
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronkh57
Too bad. I think I had a lot I could have added to those others here that have experience. Do I come on too strong? Maybe I do at times. My apologies for that. If I offended anyone else, my apologies again. A little stressed getting ready to head to SEMA. But I also have a lot of knowledge. Knowledge I've gained from some of the best in the business.

But you must have much more knowledge "doing it for the passion " whatever the hell that means.

BTW, Next time you're out doing it for the passion, enlighten yourself and buy a small tube of Blue Magic and rub a small amount under your wife's door handle where she has fingernail marks. You'll say to yourself " that guy may have been an *** posting about it, but he was right ". You don't even have to thank me. How's it work? I don't know. I'm not a chemist. All I know is that it works and it was good enough to use on a number of Pebble Beach concours
winners.

I'll delete my other posts since it offends those who want to follow the crowd or don't want any advice from anyone other than the clique.

Last edited by wolfie1961; 11-02-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:29 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

Received 150 Likes on 133 Posts

Defensive? Not really. Just trying to pass on something that I learned from the best in the industry. If people don't want to try it, it's no problem. If someone wants to know about it, I'm more than happy to share.
I wasn't aware that I was stepping on the toes of the " professionals". I'll be more than happy to keep these tips to myself.

Hey bud your OK. This section seems to be led by the ego driven who are not open to any suggestion other then their own.

Great work!!!!!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:43 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

I didn't realize that I was pushing against a clique.

They ganged up on me, not knowing anything about me, who I am or what ive done. But somehow these car washers possess the most knowledge

Its all good, I respect your humble opinions bud.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

Wolfie, while I understand you have experience and knowledge, going around telling people you are the best at this and dismissing everyone else doesn’t put you in the best light. People have questions, maybe share your knowledge instead of thinking they are attacking you and jumping down their throat. Or calling people “second rate corner lot detailers”. And just because someone is “doing it for the passion” doesn’t make their value any less. I have seen quite a few detail jobs from “professionals” who I would never let touch my car.

Lets all take a step back and calm down.
The following 2 users liked this post by Homer3D:
GoFast908Z (11-04-2016), ronkh57 (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 02:53 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Homer3D
Wolfie, while I understand you have experience and knowledge, going around telling people you are the best at this and dismissing everyone else doesn’t put you in the best light. People have questions, maybe share your knowledge instead of thinking they are attacking you and jumping down their throat. Or calling people “second rate corner lot detailers”. And just because someone is “doing it for the passion” doesn’t make their value any less. I have seen quite a few detail jobs from “professionals” who I would never let touch my car.

Nah. That makes too much sense.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:56 PM
wolfie1961
Advanced

Not sure I told anyone that I was the best. I've learned from the best, and I'll hold to that statement. Just offered a different way. I also did not dismiss anyone else's opinion, not like they did mine.
Again, I apologize if I offended anyone. I just didn't care for the post Ken posted.
Again, the heat of the moment while someone telling other not to pay attention to anyone other than themselves or their buddies got under my skin.

Yes the corner lot detailers post was probably out of line, but again, why dismiss my opinion without knowing anything about the product (which was obvious).

I should have probably explained my knowledge of BM, but again, I'm not a chemist. I just know from experience that it works.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:04 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

I should have probably explained my knowledge of BM, but again, I'm not a chemist. I just know from experience that it works.
Now that you've said that.........

The solvents in the blue stuff you've talked about (as long as it's the non abrasive type) would just be a "paint cleaner" and possibly make the paint swell some again from the solvent. The part that gave it the "gloss and shine" was your after thought of "resin glaze (that fills swirls) and wax(that fills also)"

And just thing, you've been told that by a second rate "clique" person.

As far as "your work" is concerned...... Show some completely in retouched work.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:26 PM
wolfie1961
Advanced

Originally Posted by ronkh57
Now that you've said that.........

The solvents in the blue stuff you've talked about (as long as it's the non abrasive type) would just be a "paint cleaner" and possibly make the paint swell some again from the solvent. The part that gave it the "gloss and shine" was your after thought of "resin glaze (that fills swirls) and wax(that fills also)"

And just thing, you've been told that by a second rate "clique" person.

As far as "your work" is concerned...... Show some completely in retouched work.
I've used it without following up with glaze with the same effect, so it's not the glaze.
I'm sure that you're not going to change your mind about it so I'll leave it at that. If someone does try it out they'll be pleasantly surprised. But I doubt you'll try it. There's no reason for me to continue to try to show another way.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

OK, lets get back on topic.

Silverwolf_pup, I think you have what you need to fix your paint. Your Meguairs DA attachment should have come with 3 pads (no?). You can use the M105 followed by the M205 and then wax/seal (using the corresponding pads).

Let us know how it turns out.
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (11-02-2016)
Old 11-04-2016, 10:42 PM
GoFast908Z
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Despite the attacks I'm still interested in an answer to a legitimate question. A pity that a question intimidates you. Since you are close to such a knowledge base, was hoping you (or your FIL) could enlighten me. If there's no abrasives in your magical metal polish, it must be solvents or fillers, hiding not removing. Personally I'm more interested in removing problems than covering them up.

And to the other person, well I'm sorry that the thought out logical approach was too much for you. I guess I'm just a meanie.

Kevin Brown can vouch for my skill set. All that needs to be said.

Last edited by GoFast908Z; 11-04-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Silverwolf_pup
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

OK, lets get back on topic.

Silverwolf_pup, I think you have what you need to fix your paint. Your Meguairs DA attachment should have come with 3 pads (no?). You can use the M105 followed by the M205 and then wax/seal (using the corresponding pads).

Let us know how it turns out.
The Meguairs drill attachment is junk, I think I might try the DA polisher at harbor freight and get some chemical guys hex logic orange pad white and black.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:23 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Do you have a polisher? Like a Flex or Porter Cable? I would think it would be hard to fix that by hand.

And for those looking to see what's in the Blue Magic ... I believe this might help.

http://bluemagicusa.com/bm_files/msd...uid%20MSDS.pdf

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 11-06-2016 at 12:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (11-06-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 04:06 PM
outhouse
Safety Car

If the scratch is to deep, DO NOT attempt to polish it out.

The right thing to do is to get some quality automotive clearcoat and spray some on some paper and use a needle to apply the clearcoat inside the scratch. It may take a layer/coat or two. Then polish over the top after a few days drying time.

Results are amazing, WITHOUT ruining the clearcoat.

Quick Reply: Help with getting clear coat scratches out { Updated }