Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Black Friday Sales?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 03:08 PM
17gs
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Black Friday Sales?

Do our forum vendors have great sales on Black Friday? Anyone remember what they've been in the past, if so?

I need the Griots Dual Action Polisher, Blackfire products and other goodies. Hoping to find the Griots for better than $149.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Vettevick
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Last year I ordered from Autogeek on Black Friday. 25% off plus free shipping. My order was just over $100 so not sure if there was min for free shipping.
The following users liked this post:
2013GrandSport (11-01-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 11:35 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Why wait .... buffers are normally excluded from our sales. This might help !

http://www.autogeek.net/newsletter-special.html

15% Off Coupon Code NEWSEMA is valid on in stock items only. Not applicable on previously placed orders, gift certificates, or RUPES Polishers and polisher kits. One coupon code per order.

*Free Shipping applies to orders over $150 with ground service within the 48 contiguous United States. Regular shipping charges apply to garage flooring and mats, air compressors, and carpet extractors as noted on those products. Regular expedited charges apply.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:37 PM
17gs
Instructor

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
Why wait .... buffers are normally excluded from our sales. This might help !

http://www.autogeek.net/newsletter-special.html

15% Off Coupon Code NEWSEMA is valid on in stock items only. Not applicable on previously placed orders, gift certificates, or RUPES Polishers and polisher kits. One coupon code per order.

*Free Shipping applies to orders over $150 with ground service within the 48 contiguous United States. Regular shipping charges apply to garage flooring and mats, air compressors, and carpet extractors as noted on those products. Regular expedited charges apply.
I would love to support a forum vendor. You guys always seem to chip in and help out when people have detailing questions. However, a while back I asked you about your shipping and never got a response. I Had asked why you would not give a discount for shipping to Hawaii when you were offering free shipping to everyone else in the contiguous 48 states.

For example, the order I would like to place, is a total of $199. Your shipping for that to Hawaii is $25.95. For someone to ship it on the mainland, your shipping is only $23.95 (But free for the 48 contiguous during your sales and/or with minimum purchases). That is only a two dollar difference. My question is, why don't you give the people in Hawaii and military $23.95 off of their shipping and simply charge the two dollar difference?

Basically, if you don't become more competitive in your shipping, there is absolutely no reason for anyone in Hawaii or the military to order from you. Right now, I can order the products I wish from Amazon and they charge no shipping. So it works out basically the same. And that is comparing apples to apples, as I do not have Amazon prime.

Ordering with AutoGeek:
Order total: $199.97
Discount 15%= -$30
Shipping +$25.95
Total: $195.92

Ordering with Amazon:
Order Total: $196.92
No discounts, but no shipping. Exact same products. And I'm not under the gun to make sure I order before your sale is over. Your 15% off makes my order price match Amazon, but without offering us some shipping benefit as you do for mainland customers, we feel slighted and have no reason to go out of our way to support your business.

I promise I'm not trying to be smart in my response. I'm simply pointing out what so many of us out here unfairly experience from so many businesses, but thankfully, not all.

Last edited by 17gs; 11-02-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:53 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Auto geek frequently has X% off with free shipping of orders over XX$. sometimes with no product restrictions. Just wait until AG posts a sale here and save all the shipping costs. Just watch everyday, you never know when a great sale will pop up.
Killrwheels@Autogeek (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 07:00 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

Autogeek is good for specials all the time. Other vendors, not so much. Just be careful when dealing with vendors other than auto geek.
As an example, one vendor runs 10 to 12% all the time. So during a period last month he was have a HUGE sale, taking 5% off, plus offering a "double off" coupon. I would have laughed at that ad except the vendor was serious and thought he could get away with this shell game.

But again, Autogeek is a great vendor, that provides great products, great sales, and expert advice!
Killrwheels@Autogeek (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 07:09 PM
17gs
Instructor

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Auto geek frequently has X% off with free shipping of orders over XX$. sometimes with no product restrictions. Just wait until AG posts a sale here and save all the shipping costs. Just watch everyday, you never know when a great sale will pop up.
You guys didn't read my response. Despite meeting the minimum purchase, they will not ship for free or discounted to Hawaii.

I am not disputing that they are a great company otherwise.

Last edited by 17gs; 11-02-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:08 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 17gs
I would love to support a forum vendor. You guys always seem to chip in and help out when people have detailing questions. However, a while back I asked you about your shipping and never got a response. I Had asked why you would not give a discount for shipping to Hawaii when you were offering free shipping to everyone else in the contiguous 48 states.

For example, the order I would like to place, is a total of $199. Your shipping for that to Hawaii is $25.95. For someone to ship it on the mainland, your shipping is only $23.95 (But free for the 48 contiguous during your sales and/or with minimum purchases). That is only a two dollar difference. My question is, why don't you give the people in Hawaii and military $23.95 off of their shipping and simply charge the two dollar difference?

Basically, if you don't become more competitive in your shipping, there is absolutely no reason for anyone in Hawaii or the military to order from you. Right now, I can order the products I wish from Amazon and they charge no shipping. So it works out basically the same. And that is comparing apples to apples, as I do not have Amazon prime.

Ordering with AutoGeek:
Order total: $199.97
Discount 15%= -$30
Shipping +$25.95
Total: $195.92

Ordering with Amazon:
Order Total: $196.92
No discounts, but no shipping. Exact same products. And I'm not under the gun to make sure I order before your sale is over. Your 15% off makes my order price match Amazon, but without offering us some shipping benefit as you do for mainland customers, we feel slighted and have no reason to go out of our way to support your business.

I promise I'm not trying to be smart in my response. I'm simply pointing out what so many of us out here unfairly experience from so many businesses, but thankfully, not all.
I do not have the ability to discuss shipping prices and the reasons behind the Continental US Free Shipping offer first hand. I believe, personally, that there are differences in the cost/insurance and more to the other out-lying states and territories from the carriers used.

I would, as you have done, measure the success of the total offer including all variables including potential shipping charges. If Autogeek has offered you superior tech tips, and client services over another non-forum supporting vendor --why not give us the nod ???

I can tell you we are authorized vendors on all the materials and brands we sell, we have very serious relationships with the brands carried, and we stand behind our products 100%. We have supported this forum and its members for more than 11 years straight, we value the Corvetteforum relationships. We also have a full time price guarantee to support the lowest price point available. Lots of added value from a company that resides and ships from one source in South Florida.

We value your relationship and hope you will consider ours, with all variables considered.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 11-02-2016 at 08:20 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Killrwheels@Autogeek:
CheckeredFlag (11-02-2016), cmonkey713 (11-03-2016), ronkh57 (11-02-2016), rsparks64 (11-04-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

I understand what 17GS is saying, we in Canada suffer the same shipping issues. The way I see it is if you offer free shipping to the lower 48 (and I get that) then why not say well if we ship to Hawaii or Alaska or Canada we will offer you a shipping discount equal to what the cost is for the lower 48. I cannot see a problem with this, I understand that in some cases a little more work is involved but it cannot be significant. In my humble opinion.

And I would like to order a polisher as well.
17gs (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 01:16 AM
17gs
Instructor

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I do not have the ability to discuss shipping prices and the reasons behind the Continental US Free Shipping offer first hand. I believe, personally, that there are differences in the cost/insurance and more to the other out-lying states and territories from the carriers used.

I would, as you have done, measure the success of the total offer including all variables including potential shipping charges. If Autogeek has offered you superior tech tips, and client services over another non-forum supporting vendor --why not give us the nod ???

I can tell you we are authorized vendors on all the materials and brands we sell, we have very serious relationships with the brands carried, and we stand behind our products 100%. We have supported this forum and its members for more than 11 years straight, we value the Corvetteforum relationships. We also have a full time price guarantee to support the lowest price point available. Lots of added value from a company that resides and ships from one source in South Florida.

We value your relationship and hope you will consider ours, with all variables considered.
Well, in my original post about this topic, I gave AutoGeek kudos for all their contributions to the forum and the obvious support you have from Forum members. Everyone is happy with you and I'm not disputing that you provide a great product.

But, I must say I am now highly disappointed in your response. Seriously, "you don't have the ability to discuss shipping....?" Are you, or are you not a representative of AutoGeek? Even if shipping is not your department, do you not have the initiative or "ability" to discuss this issue with someone who can make a decision? I would have had much more respect for you if you had just said "We won't discount our shipping to Hawaii or Military Addresses" then provide excuses or just be too lazy to properly address it. I can't "give you the nod," after you give me excuses.

As far as the extra cost you mention... If a Flat Rate Priority box will fit the product, it does not cost a single cent more for you to mail it from Stuart, FL to Orlando than it does all the way to Hawaii.

But that was not the point I was trying to make.
If Joe Smith on the mainland places the exact same order as me in Hawaii ($199.97 Original Cost, minus 30% with free shipping), his final cost is $169.97.

Yet those of us in Hawaii, for the same order, pay $195.92 because a shipping cost of $25.95 is added in. Not one single penny of discount for shipping that everyone else receives. Free for mainlanders, full price for everyone else.

Is this really a terribly hard concept to understand? I am not debating that while your actual cost to mail a package to Hawaii may cost a bit more (But that is IF and ONLY IF, it does not fit in a Flat Rate Priority Box). I am saying that you are willing to absorb all the shipping costs for your mainland customers. So why are you not willing to absorb that same amount of shipping cost for those of us in Hawaii, Canada or with military addresses?

The cost you charge for shipping my order to the mainland is $23.95. To here in Hawaii, it is $25.95. A $2 difference. If you are giving everyone else that $23.95 off, why is it so difficult to give us that $23.95 off and then charge the difference of $2.

It all boils down to sound financial decisions. I prefer to buy from small guys like AutoGeek and support local style businesses, but when your practice is clearly not fair to everyone and you refuse to address it, I and many others will always have to choose the big guys.

(Which, by the way, I just placed a nice order with MicroFiber Tech. Free shipping for EVERYONE in the U.S. with a minimum purchase of $50)

Last edited by 17gs; 11-03-2016 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 01:51 AM
17gs
Instructor

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
I understand what 17GS is saying, we in Canada suffer the same shipping issues. The way I see it is if you offer free shipping to the lower 48 (and I get that) then why not say well if we ship to Hawaii or Alaska or Canada we will offer you a shipping discount equal to what the cost is for the lower 48. I cannot see a problem with this, I understand that in some cases a little more work is involved but it cannot be significant. In my humble opinion.

Thanks for having my back, Black Z06!
Black 03 Z06 (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 07:26 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06

Unfortunately the shipping and possible duty charges cannot be waived or reduced currently. I have shared your thoughts with our owners to consider in the future.

I have been told you might want to consider Eshine.ca locally. They have a relationship with Autogeek. They are also quite supportive of their clients and will consider bringing in more of our lines as needed to fulfill their client needs. You'll find Pinnacle, Blackfire and Wolfgang already.

Good luck on the polisher .... it truly is a must have item for the detailing obsessed.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:55 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by 17gs
Well, in my original post about this topic, I gave AutoGeek kudos for all their contributions to the forum and the obvious support you have from Forum members. Everyone is happy with you and I'm not disputing that you provide a great product.

But, I must say I am now highly disappointed in your response. Seriously, "you don't have the ability to discuss shipping....?" Are you, or are you not a representative of AutoGeek? Even if shipping is not your department, do you not have the initiative or "ability" to discuss this issue with someone who can make a decision? I would have had much more respect for you if you had just said "We won't discount our shipping to Hawaii or Military Addresses" then provide excuses or just be too lazy to properly address it. I can't "give you the nod," after you give me excuses.

As far as the extra cost you mention... If a Flat Rate Priority box will fit the product, it does not cost a single cent more for you to mail it from Stuart, FL to Orlando than it does all the way to Hawaii.

But that was not the point I was trying to make.
If Joe Smith on the mainland places the exact same order as me in Hawaii ($199.97 Original Cost, minus 30% with free shipping), his final cost is $169.97.

Yet those of us in Hawaii, for the same order, pay $195.92 because a shipping cost of $25.95 is added in. Not one single penny of discount for shipping that everyone else receives. Free for mainlanders, full price for everyone else.

Is this really a terribly hard concept to understand? I am not debating that while your actual cost to mail a package to Hawaii may cost a bit more (But that is IF and ONLY IF, it does not fit in a Flat Rate Priority Box). I am saying that you are willing to absorb all the shipping costs for your mainland customers. So why are you not willing to absorb that same amount of shipping cost for those of us in Hawaii, Canada or with military addresses?

The cost you charge for shipping my order to the mainland is $23.95. To here in Hawaii, it is $25.95. A $2 difference. If you are giving everyone else that $23.95 off, why is it so difficult to give us that $23.95 off and then charge the difference of $2.

It all boils down to sound financial decisions. I prefer to buy from small guys like AutoGeek and support local style businesses, but when your practice is clearly not fair to everyone and you refuse to address it, I and many others will always have to choose the big guys.

(Which, by the way, I just placed a nice order with MicroFiber Tech. Free shipping for EVERYONE in the U.S. with a minimum purchase of $50)
Take a trip to FL and pick it up yourself ??

We got palm trees. Ooops, so do you, disregard.
17gs (11-03-2016)
Old 11-04-2016, 03:03 AM
17gs
Instructor

Originally Posted by ronkh57
Take a trip to FL and pick it up yourself ??

We got palm trees. Ooops, so do you, disregard.
Used to live in Ocala and we still visit friends in New Smyrna Beach most summers! Likely this coming summer as well!
ronkh57 (11-04-2016)
Old 11-04-2016, 07:21 AM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

1] glad to see someone else use the word ''contiguous'' . 2] not sure about your change in ownership because i don't see how you could be a better company .

Get notified of new replies

To Black Friday Sales?

Quick Reply: Black Friday Sales?