Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Which DA buffer do you like/dislike

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 07:28 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 608 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by JeepSRT+C7
Ugh. Of all the reading and research, that's the first I heard of needing a vented backing plate. I don't know yet. I'm on the road till Sunday night. I'll know Monday-ish when I go thru all the stuff I got.
Not 'needed', probably a personal preference kinda thing. Using GG6 with regular lake country plate worked fine once I figured out how to use DA; took ruining a pad or two (melting velcro) but ya get it down quick how to not overheat pad/plate. Combo of too much pressure, too much product on pad, work it too long etc.

Oddly, had a Griots vented plate i forgot i had bought, tried it outta curiosity one day but then it came apart in relatively short order so went back to lake country plate.

Last edited by BudgetPlan1; 11-12-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:08 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepSRT+C7
Ugh. Of all the reading and research, that's the first I heard of needing a vented backing plate. I don't know yet. I'm on the road till Sunday night. I'll know Monday-ish when I go thru all the stuff I got.
I find that a flexible backing plate is a great option for all these buffers. Not 100% necessary, but since most don't come with a backing plate anyways, its a great and valuable purchase. They aren't all that expensive and should last for years.

http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable...ng-plates.html
Old 11-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Jaykoh-Z51
Drifting

Received 376 Likes on 265 Posts

Hmmm. The extra plate it got is a 5" plate is from Astro tools. The description says "flexible edges".

I really won't know till I see it. I'll get home tonight and check. Still on the road till then.

Quick Reply: Which DA buffer do you like/dislike