Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

What else before Uber Ceramic? What after?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Dan040286
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What else before Uber Ceramic? What after?

Thanks in advance for the responses, this forum has been very helpful as a newer Vette owner.

I took advantage of Autogeeks black Friday sale and pulled the trigger on the Uber Ceramic Coating for my 2011 Cyber Gray GS. I also bought:

WG Uber Compound. WG Finishing Glaze 3.0, WG Perfekt finish paint prep.

I have a Harbor Freight DA polisher I've used with success on my other vehicles. Lexus ES black and Dodge Journey white. I'd rather not buy a new DA but need pads. What pads do you recommend? My paint is very good, minimal swirls that will need to be fixed prior to the coating.

Anything else other than wash, clay, compound, glaze, prep, Uber coat?

Also, what should I use after the ceramic coating to keep it at max gloss? I don't know much about boosters, quick detailers etc... I'd like to do some shows next year.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2016, 08:45 AM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Bear in mind that I always over buy, so I don't have a bad surprise during.........

So my suggestion:

LC flat or hydro-tech pads
2 cutting
3 med polishing
3 finish polishing

Make sure after you polish at bare minimum use the prep solution to remove all polishing oils. ( I normally wash/dry then use the prep)

Coat it! Then let it sit a minimum 12 hrs - longer the better.

Don't touch it with soap solution for at least a week.

Down the road, if you want a topper.....
Any of these will work well.

Gyeon wet coat
Gyeon Cure
Kamikaze overcoat
Polish angel High Gloss
Old 12-06-2016, 05:33 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan040286
Thanks in advance for the responses, this forum has been very helpful as a newer Vette owner.

I took advantage of Autogeeks black Friday sale and pulled the trigger on the Uber Ceramic Coating for my 2011 Cyber Gray GS. I also bought:

WG Uber Compound. WG Finishing Glaze 3.0, WG Perfekt finish paint prep.

I have a Harbor Freight DA polisher I've used with success on my other vehicles. Lexus ES black and Dodge Journey white. I'd rather not buy a new DA but need pads. What pads do you recommend? My paint is very good, minimal swirls that will need to be fixed prior to the coating.

Anything else other than wash, clay, compound, glaze, prep, Uber coat?

Also, what should I use after the ceramic coating to keep it at max gloss? I don't know much about boosters, quick detailers etc... I'd like to do some shows next year.

Thanks

You have all the right products and right design. The prep will remove any oils from polishing and prep for the coating. After applied a minimum of 8-24 hours without water as possible. (curing)

Once its done, you literally can wash and dry. If you want a spray, and its mostly about looks, then try your favorite. I use Gyeon Cure due to its glow but also like the G Techniq Spray also.

Don't be afraid of the coating, its easy to control due to the design of the syringe. No need to over apply. You can also coat most trim and wheels too.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:35 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Question for Killerwheels: When the corrected surface is coated with WG 3.0 sealer followed by Pinnacle Sovereign carnauba will an alcohol/water mix remove the sealer and wax? I know there are products remove such but will the alcohol/water mix work in a pinch. Thanks
Old 12-15-2016, 05:38 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Question for Killerwheels: When the corrected surface is coated with WG 3.0 sealer followed by Pinnacle Sovereign carnauba will an alcohol/water mix remove the sealer and wax? I know there are products remove such but will the alcohol/water mix work in a pinch. Thanks
I don't personally believe so .... a well cured sealant is pretty darn durable. Alcohol/water will likely remove some and perhaps all of a nuba wax. If using a sealant, its best to consider a polish to abrade or a chemical based cleaner (Wolfgang makes a paint prep).
Old 12-15-2016, 08:38 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I don't personally believe so .... a well cured sealant is pretty darn durable. Alcohol/water will likely remove some and perhaps all of a nuba wax. If using a sealant, its best to consider a polish to abrade or a chemical based cleaner (Wolfgang makes a paint prep).
Thank you sir.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:34 PM
CLLOFF
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Autogeek

Can you provide any information regarding any differences between some of the coatings that you sell. I'm thinking of the Wolfgang Uber but then saw your Blackfire and Pinnacle coatings (and others) and now I'm confused.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:20 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CLLOFF
Autogeek

Can you provide any information regarding any differences between some of the coatings that you sell. I'm thinking of the Wolfgang Uber but then saw your Blackfire and Pinnacle coatings (and others) and now I'm confused.
There are indeed several different formulas and coatings offered thru our home brands. Wolfgang Uber is my favorite and offered in a syringe. Very glossy and easy to apply. Pinnacles formula comes in a spray type bottle and is more reflective and not as glossy to me personally. The Blackfire version is the newest and offered in a traditional liquid bottle. I am told their are differences in the makeup and design of each. They are vary in thickness which may make application a challenge if you cannot control how little is needed.

Get notified of new replies

To What else before Uber Ceramic? What after?

Quick Reply: What else before Uber Ceramic? What after?