Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Jet Stream Blue polish, wax, and detailer recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 09:02 AM
KRS
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Jet Stream Blue polish, wax, and detailer recommendations

New member here, 2009 Jet Stream Blue Coupe with polished aluminum wheels and smoked clear roof panel. Looking for the best appearance and detailer, polish and wax for my color. No swirl marks, but do have some super fine scratch marks that can be seen at different light angles. Tried Mother's detailer and it seems to attract dust like crazy. Do not have a machine at this time, prefer to do it by hand. Thanks for any advice, read so many different thing that my head is spinning.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Spark 2
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

PM sent!
Old 12-20-2016, 05:57 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by KRS
New member here, 2009 Jet Stream Blue Coupe with polished aluminum wheels and smoked clear roof panel. Looking for the best appearance and detailer, polish and wax for my color. No swirl marks, but do have some super fine scratch marks that can be seen at different light angles. Tried Mother's detailer and it seems to attract dust like crazy. Do not have a machine at this time, prefer to do it by hand. Thanks for any advice, read so many different thing that my head is spinning.
Hand polishing is tedious work and often the results are mixed. Consider getting a machine and a light polish or perhaps pay for a single step polish. Once done, consider that waxes don't last very long and will need reapplication. Consider a coating like Wolfgang Uber which offers a lot of gloss, and more than a years protection in a single application.

Detail sprays vary from rinseless washes, to quick detailers, to detail sprays, to spray wax and boosters. If you are simply looking for a great look consider Prima Hydro Max, Finishkare 425, or Optimum Spray and Gloss. McKee's 37 Fast Wax is another. Best part all of these can be applied while car is damp after washing, while drying.

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Get notified of new replies

To Jet Stream Blue polish, wax, and detailer recommendations

Quick Reply: Jet Stream Blue polish, wax, and detailer recommendations