Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Fine Scratches

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 03:59 PM
captaineddie
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Fine Scratches

My 2004 convertible (Torch Red) has many very fine scratches in the clear-coat. Fortunately, most of them are only visible with my bright work lights shining on the car, but for peace of mind, I would really like to get rid of them. Should I take the car to a body/paint shop or try to find a detail shop that has a lot of experience with Corvettes? Any and all opinions will be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:27 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

You would need to have your car machine polished any reputable detail shop would be able to take care of the scratches. Or you could do it, it's not that hard, it just takes time. Let me know if you have any questions.
What state do you live in?

Last edited by Adam's Polish; 01-11-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:33 PM
captaineddie
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam's Polish
You would need to have your car machine polished any reputable detail shop would be able to take care of the scratches. Or you could do it, it's not that hard, it just takes time. Let me know if you have any questions.
What state do you live in?
I'm about 50 miles north of Atlanta, and thanks for your response.
The following users liked this post:
Adam's Polish (01-12-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by captaineddie
My 2004 convertible (Torch Red) has many very fine scratches in the clear-coat. Fortunately, most of them are only visible with my bright work lights shining on the car, but for peace of mind, I would really like to get rid of them. Should I take the car to a body/paint shop or try to find a detail shop that has a lot of experience with Corvettes? Any and all opinions will be appreciated.
A light polishing will remove the light scratches and likely any oxidation bringing out a fresh beautiful finish. You certainly should be able to find a professional in your area to help. See if they offer a complete package and perhaps a coating to protect it also.
The following 2 users liked this post by Killrwheels:
captaineddie (01-11-2017), ronkh57 (01-12-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 07:08 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by captaineddie
Adam's already chimed in, below are links to a couple do it yourself kits.......... not difficult, great results, just takes some time..........

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/4...anced-kit.html

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/kits/4...shing-kit.html

great products, user friendly, and the best customer service before and after the sale anywhere!

Last edited by rkj427; 01-11-2017 at 07:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Adam's Polish (01-12-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Fine Scratches

Quick Reply: Fine Scratches