Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Leather Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Default Leather Cleaning

I had a leather repair expert come to my home to repair a spot where the dye had worn away in our family room leather sectional couch. I asked him what he recommended for cleaning leather and he told me he uses a 10% Dawn dish detergent / water solution and a microfiber towel. I tried this on my Escalade tow vehicle (light beige leather) and it worked very well...as good or better than the pricey special purpose detailing products I normally use.

I know this seems like heresy to a detaling freak (me and the people on this forum) and I am curious to know what you think.

BIGMAC
Old 02-17-2017, 01:55 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

i mix dawn with water to use as a foamy hand soap in laundry room . it is no where near ten per cent and i would not use dawn solution that strong on any leather . remember this is my unscientific OPINION . . . peace.........ps. yes , i realize it works great on ducks in their commercial but i've never seen them use it on a bull .
Old 02-17-2017, 05:16 PM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcypress
i mix dawn with water to use as a foamy hand soap in laundry room . it is no where near ten per cent and i would not use dawn solution that strong on any leather . remember this is my unscientific OPINION . . . peace.........ps. yes , i realize it works great on ducks in their commercial but i've never seen them use it on a bull .
Thanks for the reply. I agree 10% seemed a bit strong. I am going to dilute it and see if it still works.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:12 AM
asd_srt
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts

I use the Adams leather cleaner and leather conditioner that's approved by gm. I use it on all the leather and plastic in the corvette our chevy ss and my ram 2500.

Get notified of new replies

To Leather Cleaning

Quick Reply: Leather Cleaning