Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Has anyone used both Pinnacle Souveran and Zaino....Which is better??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 11:45 PM
CuriousJa
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used both Pinnacle Souveran and Zaino....Which is better??

ok, ive been reading some articles on car polish/wax and have basically narrowed down my choices to either Zaino or Pinnacle Souveran. im just wondering if theres anyone who has used both and if so, which one is better for looks? durability isnt really an issue for me because the car is parked in a garage and only driven when the weather is decent. the color of my car is torch red. Thanks- Ja :cheers:
Old 04-13-2003, 01:22 AM
DsC5
Race Director

Default Re: Has anyone used both Pinnacle Souveran and Zaino....Which is better?? (CuriousJa)

I have used both numerous times, and in fact have been alternating between those two and P21s recently. On colors such as black and white, my decision is clear cut - Zaino on white, and Souveran on black, unequivocally. However, on red, I have found the choice to be much less obvious.

Both products will provide a superior shine and outstandingly easy application. As durability is not an issue for you, that makes it even more of a close call. In the end - I would say try both if that is an option, and see whether you prefer the hard-edged Zaino shine, or the rich shine of Souveran. On red, I give the edge in appearance to Zaino personally, but by a slim margin. :seeya
Old 04-13-2003, 08:11 AM
yankees1
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Has anyone used both Pinnacle Souveran and Zaino....Which is better?? (CuriousJa)

On a light colored car that is a daily driver or exposed to the elements I would go with Z but for a dark colored vette that is only driven in good weather and garaged I would go with Pinnacle Souveran.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:59 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Has anyone used both Pinnacle Souveran and Zaino....Which is better?? (yankees1)

Each product has many faithful.....and I prefer Pinnacle for two reasons, easy of use and depth. With Pinnacle you cannot screw up....old fashion wax on/ wax off. Using an orbital will only exceed results. I prefer the more costly paste to the liquid and apply a coat every 4 weeks, but wash and Crystal Mist at least weekly.

Zaino is a great product and offers the benefit of longer life. You must follow the directions explicitly and you need to build coats. When I first used it last year on my Maxima (Dk Blue Pearl) you needed to allow the wax to cure, and with recent products like ZFX it allows faster results. It is my 2nd choice and by only a margin. Both will provide you with excellent results.

Old 04-15-2003, 10:51 AM
CuriousJa
8th Gear

ttt
Old 04-16-2003, 08:37 PM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

Of the three, I like Liquid Glass the best. I use it as a base coat followed by two coats of Zaino. Both Zaino and Liquid Glass are polymers, shake well before applying with a damp sponge. ;)

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone used both Pinnacle Souveran and Zaino....Which is better??

Quick Reply: Has anyone used both Pinnacle Souveran and Zaino....Which is better??